UKC

Mad Rock - Flash Velcro Shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
KH 15 Apr 2003
I am thinking of buying a pair of the Flash (Velcro) Mad Rock shoe. Does anybody have an opininon on these shoes? Also, what is the sizing like compared to the Anasazi velcro. Cheers, Kev.
OP KH 16 Apr 2003
In reply to KH: Has anyone bought these shoes?
 nature boy 16 Apr 2003
In reply to KH: tried em on, didn't like the way they were made, but i guess that's just me. check out these new ones from 5-10.

http://www.fiveten.com/products/index.php?action=item&id=63
HCK 17 Apr 2003
In reply to KH:

I have them and I like them...although the rubber is quite soft and I would think they will need resoling sooner than other shoes. Alos, make sure you size them right. THey are designed to fit your real shoe size, so if you wear a 10 in shoe size then order a 10. Do not downsize. They are leather and will stretch some, but do not downsize. Just my opinion/experience with them
OP Greg C 17 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy: Whats the point of directing some one who is intersted in Mad Rocks intermediate/multi-day shoe to the latest technical inovation from 5.10? Other than trying to point out that you know every thing about the latest climbing shoes coming out. I mean if you actually had any useful info like recomending the 5.10 Ascent or XRay then fair enough. And I asked you last time you said you didn`t like the build quality why, and you never had an objective view then, do you now?

Greg
OP Ike 17 Apr 2003
In reply to KH:
I bought a pair for my son, He seems to like them. They fit well, and are very sticky. I like the heel especially. His only complaint is that they make his feet "hot", but that may be because they are still new/tight. They seem to be a very good deal, and I am considering getting a set of the higher range ones for myself.
OP KH 23 Apr 2003
In reply to KH: I bought the Flash in the same size as my Anasazi Velcros (8 ½) and they are excellent. I found the sizing almost identical. I wore them and my A.V.’s at Font last week, and they performed exceptionally well. They smeared, edged (for now at least) and fitted as good, if not better, than my 5.10’s. If you wear the A.V.’s and want a cheaper alternative which are just as technichal as the A.V’s, then I would definitely recommend these shoes.
 nature boy 23 Apr 2003
In reply to Greg C: what are you on, some sort of tyranical trip or what?? the guy wears AV's, if those are intermediate or multi day shoe then bush is super intelligent. I don't like the build as i probably said before, it just looks really fragile, soft rubber, how long will they last before a resole, have you seen one, tried one on? and i don't know about all shoes coming out, just that those new 5-10's are very similar to some of the new mad rocks and should be taken into consideration.

so do you work for mad rock or what?
OP Greg C 23 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy: Check this out it makes for interesting reading...

http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29659&highlight=mad+...

Greg
OP Greg C 23 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy:
Basically the lasting on the Flash is more akin to a Five Ten XRay or Ascent. Now I`m glad KH finds them a good shoe because they are, but they will soften up quite a bit. The Mugen is the Top end technical velcro and is much more similar to the A.V.

And yes I do work for Mad Rock.
Whats tyranical about dishing out facts? I`m not slating anyone elses shoes I`m mearly pointing out the differences.

Greg
 nature boy 23 Apr 2003
In reply to Greg C: seen it, so what? i donm't have anything against those shoes, like i said, i was gonna buy a pair of the topend ones, i mean they look fantastic, but it was the multi level sole, super sticky, something has to give huh, don't have much money so i need a shoe that's gonna last and be damn good... do you kno wthe background to the mad rock shoes? the designers from 5-10 defected to mad rock some time ago..so you know, they gotta be good, but we'll see, i still like a pair but like when the first 5-10's came out they were'nt perfect.
OP Greg C 23 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy:
No offence but that is not the back ground to Mad Rock at all. And I do know all the back ground but it is inappropriate to discuss it on a forum. All you need to know is that the shoes work as they have been put to the test on top end grit (E8), sport routes (8c+) and boulder problems (V12) but there are plenty of good shoes on the market and if you want to buy five ten then thats fair enough. Also in my (bias) opinion the rubber wears at a similar level to Stealth and I have been wearing them since October.

Greg

nature boy 23 Apr 2003
In reply to Greg C: i'm not saying that they are not any good, like i said i have tried a pair and road tested one in singapore a month ago, i guess they are not for me, as i have said all along it's my personal view and having choices make a brand stronger, especially with rivals like 5-10, and mad rock should do well. i climb alot, and shoes wear out on me pretty quick, especially if i get on grit. maybe it's not appropriate to discuss mad rocks history in a forum but it would be nice to know the background. personally my favourite show at the moment is a la sportiva katana resoled with stealth.. so there you go.
OP si 23 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy:

No offence mate but stop talking shite. If your climbing in a pair af resoles you shouldnt exactly be making comment on the technical aspect of a pair of shoes which you have no real clue about. I suggest you try a pair properly. These forums do seem to breed an amazing variety of know-it-alls.
 nature boy 23 Apr 2003
In reply to si: duh i have, if you read my post...anyway, but who the f*ck are you?
 nature boy 23 Apr 2003
In reply to nature boy: oops more employees from mad rock.
OP Miguel 30 Apr 2003
In reply to KH:

Well I guess I do not know anything either, cause my favorites are also Stealth resoled katanas.
 nature boy 06 May 2003
In reply to Miguel: nice one.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...