UKC

NEW ARTICLE: Introducing - Jon Griffith

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Articles 30 Sep 2010
Jon Griffith, 4 kbJon Griffith is based in Chamonix. He's a professional outdoor photographer and is part of the UKC gear review team. He's our 'man on the ground' in the Alps, and is not only a superb photographer, but also a superb Alpinist.

Jon is going to be providing UKC with more Alpine news and reports over the coming months.

In this article Jon tells more about his photography and his climbing.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/articles/page.php?id=3051

David Dear 02 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Quality, quality as always Jon. Your photographs are an inspiration to us all. Thank you!
 Jamie Hageman 03 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: Excellent! Nice to know a bit about the man behind these beautiful pictures. I think Jon's photographs are the closest you'll get without actually being there, from a spiritual and emotional sense. They frequently make me gasp 'WOW!'
 Jon Griffith 04 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles: High praise indeed, thanks. Still alot to learn though
Jon
 BALD EAGLE 04 Oct 2010
In reply to Jon Griffith:

Superb photo's as ever Jon. Keep up the good work!
 Franco Cookson 04 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:

Jon is the Jesus of photography. I like his photos
 Jon Griffith 05 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Articles:Thanks for all the kind comments. Alot of my inspiration came from the galleries at UKC when I first started out. I still think there are some really gobsmaking photos on this site taken by non-professionals which just goes to show that anyone can be a good photographer. It's just a case of getting out as much as you can and snapping away- there are some great examples of really innovative work on this site and its always exciting when I come across something original and new I had never thought of before.

Jon

2spike 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Jon Griffith:

Hi John, I saw your request on UKC for funding for your Patagonia trip. An amazing quest I must say - I trust you have watched 180 South? Patagonia is my favorite (yet to go) expedition destination.

Funding:
Thought this might be possible:
http://theadventureblog.blogspot.com/2010/10/polartec-challenge-expedition-...
Or contact the Patagonia clothing company themselves.
If your trip could raise awareness of the national parks/impending dam work that too might help raise the profile. Good luck,

Matt

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...