UKC

Pain the arch of my foot

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Mowglee 30 Sep 2010
Think I've pulled a muscle or something in the bottom of my foot. Feels like something which connects my heel to the ball of my foot. I tend to run on my toes/front of my foot as I used to suffer from bruised heels, and I've got used to that style now. Obviously it's going to be putting a bit more strain on the painful bit, but I can't go back to running on my heels. It hasn't stopped me running as the pain usually goes away soon after I start, but I think I probably ought to sort it out.

Are shoe shops likely to be able to suggest what might be best for it, or should I add myself to a waiting list to see a podiatrist? Anyone else had this? Maybe a new pair of shoes with more arch support?

Cheers
XXXX 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee:

Planar Fasciitis?

Best to get things checked if they bother you enough to ask anonymous people on the internet.

Stash 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee:

Sounds like this to me.

More arch support can definately help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plantar_fasciitis

probablylost 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee: I'd recommend for anything in that area to really stretch out your soleus. Lots of examples of stretches on the web.
Dirk Didler 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee: listen to eric the red,i have the same condition and it'll be 6 months of wearing inserts before i can walk properly again,go see your physio.
Removed User 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee:
I've had Plantar Fasciitis. It can be a bugger to get rid of, as every time you flex your foot the injury is put under strain. Taking the strain off the injury by simple taping definitely helps it to heal. Strapall zinc oxide tape 2cm (try ebay) two legnths crossed over and one straight legnthways under the base of the foot. Change it regularly. A physio will advise you, if you want to go down that route. My condition was quite bad, but eventually responded (like magic) to a cortisone injection in the heel. Which wasn't as bad as it sounds.
 Banned User 77 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Removed Userysingo: I've got it at the moment, sounds like it too, I've got that and general tendonitis of the other tendons in my foot. Loads of stretching has made a big difference and I'm still knocking out OK mileage..
In reply to Mowglee: oh and I'd look at supportive insoles but also a physio. Mine said don't bother resting, until I sort my flexibility out in my ankles and lower legs my feet will continue to overwork and it will keep flaring up.
OP Mowglee 30 Sep 2010
In reply to Mowglee: Thanks for the tips. That all sounds quite serious, and it really doesn't hurt as much as that wiki article suggests it should. I will get it seen to though.
Cheers
In reply to Mowglee: mines an annoyance rather than a pain, its painful in the mornings and when the physio presses on the area..
Removed User 30 Sep 2010
In reply to IainRUK:
Just out of interest, you can get a night splint which keeps the foot flexed back overnight while you (try to) sleep. It allows the injury to begin to heal with the ligament in the elongated position. They cost about £45, however, if you can keep it on overnight you're a better man than I am.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...