UKC

Recommendation for ladies cycling shorts?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Ali 05 Oct 2010
Hi,

I have recently ventured into the world of road biking, via triathlon. I have a pair of triathlon shorts which are great for tri but not so comfy for long rides. Am planning to ask my lovely family to get me some cycling shorts for my birthday but will probably be on online job as I doubt I'll have a chance to try any on.

So, does anyone have any recommendation for decent shorts or brands to try?

Cheers all,

A
bobbybin 05 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali: Assos ladies shorts are superb, according to my besty female mate who i train with. Expensive but well worth the money, they last for years.
OP Ali 05 Oct 2010
In reply to bobbybin: <gulp> ermm, maybe something a little cheaper?!
dinkypen 05 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

The Altura ladies pro-gel shorts are VERY comfy and at £30-£40 (depending on where you get them from), they are a bargain.
 climbingpixie 05 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

I second dinkypen's suggestion, the Altura pro gel ones are ace. Really comfy and well made so they don't shift around or chafe.
 Brass Nipples 05 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

Assuming you don't have a massive budget. Have a look at some of the online cyclesites own brand shorts.

I have the mens version of these (dhb wiggle own brand) and they've been really comfortable, even on my longest road ride of this year at 161 miles.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Earnley_Ladies_Cycling_Shorts/5360025...
 Toby_W 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali: My wife has Assos shorts and longs. Very expensive but she totally loves them, superb fit, cut for women.
I also have a pair of the mens, my very best shorts.

Actually quite cheap considering how often I wear them.

Cheers

Toby
 alisonk 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali: I've got a pair of assos and love them, have done a couple of 80mile rides in them and not a sore spot anywhere. I'm now saving for a second pair. Mine don't have elastic on the front just a stretchy panel which makes them comfier.
Page 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

assos. i find the people that moan about assos clothing are the people that have never tried them. there are good shorts available at lower costs, but finding the fit is key so you'd just need to try them on rather than relying on lots of recommendations. i find chepaer shorts are a false economy. if you're patient you can normally find discounted assos clothing online.
 McBirdy 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

This is a good look: http://tiny.cc/gtyqg

Ben
OP Ali 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali: Thanks guys! I'm sure the assoss ones are fantastic but they are really beyond the budget. Was thinking more in the £30-£40 range, so will def check the ones you recommended Penny! Though those ones on wiggle do seem to have really good reviews...

I'm not likely to be doing monster rides (at least not for the next 6 months or so), but would like to be comfy for a couple of hours in the saddle - and to be able to ride comfortably 2 days on the trot!
 TN 07 Oct 2010
In reply to Ali:

I picked up a pair of Trek Circuit shorts in the sale at JE James and they're fantastic. They're about £40 full price but I got them half price!
The pad is kind of 'articulated' and is really really comfy. (looks a bit like the fancy red sugoi (?) ones on Wiggle.)
I've done a couple of 50+ mile rides in them and whilst my legs were shot, my bum stayed pretty much comfy. I'd definitely recommend them.
 BelleVedere 07 Oct 2010
In reply to Page:

For upto 70miles i'm liking my girodana tenax or my decente

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/Womens/11/Giordana_Ladies_Tenax_Carbon_Donna_Bib_...

(have tried assos - not a fan. i think their mens stuff must be better than their womens)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...