UKC

Summit financial services - your experiences

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Toerag 06 Oct 2010
I assume peeps on here have used them, are they any good? I was quite p1ssed off when my previous life insurers tripled their standard quote yet refused to cover me for climbing simply because I 'was the sort of person who takes risks'.
 Rubbishy 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Toerag:

Fine - they did our life insurance nice and quick and it cost about £20 per month for the two of us (both climbers), including greater ranges cover. No daft questionnaires about climbing Indian Face without getting a rope up first and whether we did straight up vertical climbing.

The £20 a month covered offshore yakt racing, which is arguably more dangerous.
 Rob Exile Ward 06 Oct 2010
In reply to John Rushby: Offshore Yak racing? Whatever next!
 Rubbishy 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Rob Exile Ward:

Racing yakts, as opposed to luxury yakts

Rob Exile Ward 06 Oct 2010
In reply to John Rushby: Sorry - I didn't even know they could swim.
 vincentvega 06 Oct 2010
In reply to Toerag:

Brilliant. The guy who owns/runs it is great.
My life insurance which also covers climbing within the UK is very reasonable. Cant remember the exact cost but other firms that, 'try and beat' my current price cant get anywhere near it!

Allan
 Rubbishy 06 Oct 2010
In reply to vincentvega:

Exactly

Everytime I ring Barlcays some gonk tries to flog me life insurance. He claims he can beat my current policy.

Can't get close and no mate, I have never met that French bird who climbs without ropes
 RupertD 07 Oct 2010
In reply to John Rushby:

Thought they were excellent. Got life insurance with critical illness cover for two of us (that included climbing cover) for the price I previously paid for cover for one without climbing cover. Plus they understood climbing and didn't ask daft questions. I will use them again.
Simon Reed 07 Oct 2010
Hi all - your thread has been highlighted to us and we just wanted to say thanks for your comments. It's always nice to get unprompted feedback like this.

Best Regards,
Simon / Dave
 ojp 07 Oct 2010
In reply to Toerag: Again i agree with the comments above. Very helpful and cheaper then my old cover. Which didnt cover climbing! Cant complain!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...