UKC

NEW REVIEW: REVIEW: Patagonia Backcountry Guide Pants

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 08 Oct 2010
Myself on the twin runnels on the Moonflower, 4 kbJon Griffith tests Patagonia's top of the line soft shell trousers in the French Alps and Alaska.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=2852
 The EpiCentre 08 Oct 2010
To add to the review I have used these pants in Scotland, I have to say that I find I can a get away without too much warmth on my legs. The waterproof seat means you are protected should you wish to sit down on the belay. The only time I back them up with a super light shell is if the freezing level has managed to reach the valley and it is chucking it down. I wear the light shell ( rainshadow ) until I hit the snow line. On warmer days or if I'm moving faster I wear the much lighter guide pants. A great piece of kit for Scotland that will not dissappoint.

Cheers
Steve Ashworth.
 TeeBee 09 Oct 2010
In reply to UKC Gear:

I also really like these, and thought they did a grand job in scotland this last winter.
They're a wee bit short in the leg if you're on the tall side (6ft+), but they do stretch when bending the knees, and a bit of shock cord as the gaiter-retaining strap keeps them in place quite well.
donny 10 Oct 2010
In reply to TeeBee: they are great as long as it is not raining heavily. I had a very uncomfortable and cold day last winter walking into a route in the Torridons in horizontal rain - you do need a change to a hard shell. Mind you on that day I would have been better off wearing oilskins! D

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...