UKC

climbing in Germany

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alastair 21 Oct 2010
I'm heading out to Germany next May with my girlfriend for her brother's wedding and we're hoping to get some climbing in while we're there.We're going to be based in the Bonn/Cologne area. Does anyone know of any low-to-mid grade climbing (Sport or trad) in this area? Also are there any guidebooks in English for this area? Cheers
Tarr 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Alastair:
> I'm heading out to Germany next May with my girlfriend for her brother's wedding and we're hoping to get some climbing in while we're there.We're going to be based in the Bonn/Cologne area. Does anyone know of any low-to-mid grade climbing (Sport or trad) in this area? Also are there any guidebooks in English for this area? Cheers

klettern-ettringen(dot)de
 madmats 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Alastair:

There are some great basalt crags not too far from there I think in a national park area called The Eifel. I've entered a few routes on UKC's database for the crag 'Ettringen', have a look. There is a guide book for the bouldering and one for the routes (there is a good mix of sport and trad) .'Schwarze Saulen' is the guide for the routes in the basalt quarries and has sections in English and German.
I'm pretty sure there's more around that area, ranging from limestone to sandstone, some of the crags you can't climb on and some you can. I personally haven't climbed at any of the others apart from Ettringen and a wicked bouldering venue called 'Glees', but I've heard of other spots.
OP Alastair 21 Oct 2010
In reply to Tarr: ta very much
OP Alastair 21 Oct 2010
In reply to madmats: thanks for the info - I'll have a look

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...