UKC

Annual Winter Conditions thread

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Caspar 24 Oct 2010
Am I too late? Has it already been done!? I thought I'd kick start us off, mostly just because I've got a new pair of axes that my hands are actually itching to use. So... what're the conditions like and where??
 Lamb 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Caspar: Cairngorm's mixed numbers that aint heavily reliant on turf are on the go. Mate climbed Pygmy's on Saturday, reported turf was only partially frozen higher up. It has stayed at -4 all day up top of Cairngorm today so we are hitting out Lochnagar tomorow. Tuesday is a wash out, not looking good till December there after.
OP Caspar 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Lamb:

Dammit! Working, and in the South, so won't be able to manage that. I don't wanna have to wait till December!
 Simon Caldwell 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Caspar:
There's a heavy frost due tonight, so I expect Kinder Downfall will be worth a look tomorrow.
 tom290483 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Caspar:

Good conditions today in Sneachda. Cold overnight tonight, looks pretty cloudless here in Aviemore so tomorrow should be just as good if not better than today. Enjoy.
 Lamb 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Caspar: What new axes you buy out of interest?
OP Caspar 24 Oct 2010
In reply to tom290483:

Ahhh!! I WISH I could get up there! I've introduced myself to formal work at long last and now I'm constricted! Dammit! Enjoy what you can get anyway, and if you're not getting it, bloody go get it!
OP Caspar 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Lamb:

Pair or BD Vipers, an upgrade from my Petzl Aztars. Now just need to bash them into something!
 David Hooper 24 Oct 2010
In reply to Caspar:
Nice one - they will be soooo much better than your Aztars.
OP Caspar 24 Oct 2010
In reply to David Hooper:

I can imagine! They feel nicer - I pick them up and do pull ups off whatever I can and they handle so well!

Is anyone else getting out t'up North then?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...