UKC

Kendal Wall - New Bouldering?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 plyometrics 28 Oct 2010
I'm led to believe Kendal Wall have now updated their bouldering.

Can anyone advise if it's a) True and b) Any good?

Thanks in advance.

In reply to plyometrics: From their website.

As of 20th October both the "den" and the "green room" open, with the training room to follow....

Pictures would be nice.
In reply to Robertostallioni: 368 pictures on their facebook page!
 biscuit 28 Oct 2010
In reply to Robertostallioni:

Not quite sure how they get that many photos of it. it's not that big.

From one visit i would say it's a million times better than it used to be, the problems are of a good standard that i did, some really good, but i'm surprised at how small the top room is. With 6 or 7 of us in there the other night you were waiting to do problems for fear of landing on someone or crossing problems.

It seems most of the building is taken up with stairs ;0) You'll see what i feel when you get there.
In reply to biscuit: Isn't this just the first stage though/ The top floor(above the lead walls) is supposed to be converted to bouldering also....?
 nakedave 28 Oct 2010
this is the first stage. The next stage involves the whole floor where the green room is.
Ive had 2 sessions there now and think the quality of the setting is good, although it is a bit cramped.
 biscuit 29 Oct 2010
> (In reply to biscuit) Isn't this just the first stage though/ The top floor(above the lead walls) is supposed to be converted to bouldering also....?

That would make more sense. It's a bloody big building and there didn't seem to be much room in there - just corridors and stairs. Training room with woody etc. to come as well soon i believe.

Next year the lead wall is going to be extended as well. As it's nudging 20m already it's going to be massive.
 Adam Lincoln 21 Nov 2010
In reply to plyometrics:

I thought it was very average. It is an improvement. The setting doesn't seem up to the standard you would find at The Works/Preston/Depot/Rock Over.

Lots of problems were set with similar colours next to each other. (When the red heater was on, it was very very hard to make out similar colours on board opposite)

Nothing very hard set.
 Adam Lincoln 21 Nov 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Oh and £8 to boulder seems a waste of money. With what is currently available, they should charge less.
OP plyometrics 25 Nov 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln:

Thanks for feedback Adam. I've always thought it was a rip off to boulder there. So I think I shall be requesting to see said 'improvements' before handing over my hard earned cash.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...