UKC

mobile phone signal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 colly64 28 Oct 2010
I have poor reception on my mobile phone whilst indoors at my home address, yet the signal is very good outside and the network (Orange) appears to excellent in this area..

Has anyone tried to boost the signal by buying on of the signal enhancers that fit inside the phone (like a small transfer) that can be bought off ebay etc... And is it worth doing
 rallymania 28 Oct 2010
In reply to colly64:
inside the phone? not sure

there used to be a thingy you stuck to a window that did something like this
also google
UMA... if you phone supports it and you have a wifi thingy in your hoose, it'll make a huge difference
 sutty 28 Oct 2010
In reply to colly64:

I received a text from Tmobile today that says I can now use orange as well so check if you can use Tmobile signals as well now they are together.
 jonny taylor 28 Oct 2010
In reply to sutty:
It could be coincidence, but I swear that the reception around me took a major turn for the worst at exactly the time these network-sharing agreements began. Don't know what the reason for that might be...
 Jim Fraser 28 Oct 2010
In reply to colly64:

The signal enhancer thingies are black magic. You have as much chance of influencing reception by sticking pins in an effigy of the MD of T-mobile.

Orange and T are on 1800MHz which is not great for getting round corners and through walls. Many phones are really rubbish for receiving radio signals. This is unfortunate since some users still think that is their primary purpose. Most users think that their primary purpose is to make them look cool and trendy.

If you are on Vodafone and have a 3G-capable phone and good home broadband then you can fix this (Sure Signal). Otherwise, tough luck.
In reply to colly64: I live in mid wales and am on t-mobile, now with access to orange outside my reception is great, upstairs in my house it comes and goes, downstairs no chance, my conclusion is that the walls and roof hate me, so I got a home phone.
 ThunderCat 28 Oct 2010
In reply to the_resignation:

I work for VirginMedia. In an odd twist of irony you get 5 bars if you have an orange or t-mobile phone in our office, but if you're on the virginmobile network, you might as well yell into a tin can. No signal at all in 90% of the building.
Bellie 28 Oct 2010
In reply to ThunderCat: Which is odd cos doesn't virgin share the T-Mobile network?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...