UKC

NEWS: Barbara Musial - UK Limestone Summer

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 05 Nov 2010
Barbara belaying at Malham, 5 kbManchester based Barbara Musial has had a great season on the UK limestone. Highlights include redpoint ascents of Urgent Action (F8a+) at Kilnsey and GBH (F8a+) at Malham.

Her friend Stu Harmer gives us some details...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=58632

match 05 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Impressive stuff. I went to Kilnsey for the first time this year and, in between getting dizzy looking at the crag, saw someone who I now know to be Barbara making solid progress on one of the classic F8s.

I remember thinking at the time how good it was to see a(n obviously) talented and motivated climber climbing so impressively and having absolutely no clue who they were - no pics splashed in the media etc., just someone doing what they enjoy for themselves. Inspirational. Of course, I realise this report has undermined my point entirely, but sod it, you know what I mean.
 Andy Farnell 05 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News: Nice to see such a talented biscuit scrounger get some press. Well done lass

Andy F
 jacobjlloyd 05 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News: Excellent! Lovely to hear about some of the more introvert climbing talents around the UK. Might have to write in about a few friends of mine at some point, give them the same treatment!
Keep cranking it out Barbara, inspirational ticklist!
 Toby Dunn 07 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:
her ascent of GBH was awesome. It was a)boiling hot and b)one useful hold was soaking wet. Good one B
 gingerwolf 08 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:
> Manchester based Barbara Musial has had a great season on the UK limestone. Highlights include redpoint ascents of Urgent Action (F8a+) at Kilnsey and GBH (F8a+) at Malham.
>
Barbara is an ace climber, a familiar face around Broughton when the weather turns shit!
Nice to see an article about someone I know, haha!

> Her friend Stu Harmer gives us some details...

Stu, good one mate! Hope your still cranking! Hope the moving house is going well!

andrea83 27 Nov 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Great news for Barbara. Barbara-if you read this, hope you are fine. Must catch up again soon!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...