UKC

Boots for narrow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SWalls 06 Nov 2010
I'm in the market for a new pair of winter boots and looking for advice. I have long but very narrow feet. I find even Scarpa and Sportiva boots pretty wide. My last pair of winter boots were Nepal Extremes. Even with volume reducers and superfeet they were not quite a perfect fit. Does anyone have any suggestions of boots which might fit? They have to be a B3 boot.

Cheers

Steve
 ColdWill 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls: Try Zamberland
In reply to ColdWill: You think? As someone with long, narrow, low volume feet I've always found them to be a brand best avoided. Asolo would be a better brand to look at in my feet's opinion.

T.
 More-On 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls:

AKU Spiders might do the job. The padding round the heel gave me the best fit out of all the usual suspects for long and narrow feet.
 ColdWill 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Pursued by a bear: Their new alpine boots seem quite narrow to me, new last apparently, I have the 4000. I haven’t tried any of their older models. The 4000 are narrower than the same size Nepal’s, Baturas and the new Phantoms.
OP SWalls 06 Nov 2010
In reply to all: Cheeers for the advice. I've had had friends with similarly low volume feet that have also found Zamberlan to be too wide. Does anyone know anywhere fairly close to Aberdeen e.g. Aviemore, Edinburgh that stocks Asolo, AKU and any other brands that might be worth having a look at? All of the outdoor shops in Aberdeen seem to just stock the standard boots such as Scarpa and La Sportiva.
 Stuzz 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls:

Craigdon Mountain Sports certainly used to stock some Asolo stuff, not sure if they ever had B3s in though. Raichle boots might be worth a look too.
Djupnes 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls:
Asolos are the only boots narrow enough to give me a good heel fit. Scarpas are OK but Asolos fit narrower.
 Dave Stelmach 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls: I have narrow feet and, after trying several brands I use Salomon boots for winter climbing and skiing. A custom footbed will also help a lot to keep the heel firmly in place and I don't mean off the shelf ones. Ski shops have a footbed moulding machine that will provide a footbed that can be used for many years.
 ColdWill 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls: Mountain Spirit in Aviemore have the Zamberlan 4000 or they did have last winter. Worth a try if you’re up there.
 ColdWill 06 Nov 2010
In reply to stevewalls: or have you tried Scarpa Omegas, now they are narrow.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...