UKC

Outdoor Research Transfer Jacket

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 06 Nov 2010
hi All,
I was wondering whether you've had any experience with the above soft shell, at the moment i'm looking for mid/heavyweight jacket,ideally with the hood and rather inexpensive
thanks in advance,
seb
Removed User 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74:
http://www.rawoutdoors.co.uk/Models.aspx?ModelID=3883
its one like this
seb
 Stuzz 06 Nov 2010

Not used the Transfer but i've got a few bits of OR kit (Traction Hoody and Mentor Jacket) and they've all been brilliant. Can't fault the quality or design really. Only thing i'd say is watch out for the sizing, its generally rather on the large size. Worth trying on before buying.
Removed User 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Stuzz:
have the mentor jacket myself and i'm very happy with it as well, may downsize the soft shell though, when i decide to buy,
thanks
 Charlie Noakes 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: tried on the transfer jacket today in the shop i work at. looked great and fitted well but the hood didnt seem big enough for a helmet to me, however i didnt try it with a helmet so dont take my word for it, quite close fitting. Just something to consider...
Removed User 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Charlie Noakes:
may i pick your brain then,based on that, what would you say about the suitability of this jacket as a winter shell,with an under layer of course, what size did you try?
thanks in advance
seb
 Charlie Noakes 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: it was a medium that i tried on and i'm pretty much a medium in every brand i've ever used. the material felt to me pretty hard wearing and weather resistant. although having a flick through the info tabs on the jckt it didnt claim to be particularly water resistant. I doubt that it would keep you dry for long when the weather turns nasty. The material is fairly thin and lightweight. Personally i'd be using a hard shell as my primary winter shell with an under layer
Removed User 06 Nov 2010
In reply to Charlie Noakes:
thanks a lot, i appreciate that, i'm also considering OR logic jacket,though has no hood
seb
 Stuzz 07 Nov 2010

The Alibi is probably worth a look too. A ture winter weight soft shell. I considered one for a while but really didn't like the cuffs on it and decided it was a bit heavy for my needs.
Removed User 07 Nov 2010
In reply to Stuzz:
yes,its a beauty but unfortunately just above my price limit,though i've ordered transfer and logic jackets to compare them,will post the first impression in here
cheers,
seb
 eschaton 07 Nov 2010
In reply to Removed Usersebastian74: i've got the abili jacket, and i love it to bits! its awesome, good repellency, the hood shoulders and upper arms are a waterproof fabric, whilst the torso front is highly resistant, and the underarms and back are a slightly thinner much more breathable softshell.

its got a thin fleece lining, which ive come to think of as the perfect thickness, not ridiculously hot, nor uneffective, the whole jacket has a good shape.

my only problem is that the inner stretchy hood is quite large and only fits if im wearing a beanie, although if i've a helmet on top it does hold it in place.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...