UKC

Quickdraw 'colours'

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
rocktop 10 Nov 2010
I'm looking at my first 'large' purchase of QD's & wondering if anyone finds the subtle colour difference of the 'metal grey' used for DMM Sceptres a problem when clipping. I like the more obvious blue v silver, or gold v red or similar, but like the spec of the Sceptres.
Any advice/experiences gratefully received.
In reply to rocktop: If you shove them on your harness the correct way then it should be obvious when you remove them to use them
 climbwales 10 Nov 2010
In reply to rocktop: I have them, i really don't find it a problem, there's a definite difference. I like them, their light, nice to clip etc

C

P.s arn't they 'spectres?', might be wrong though.
 NorthernRock 10 Nov 2010
In reply to rocktop:

Wild country......

Now do I clip RED to rock or RED to rope, or only RED to Rope when Im using my RED rope? Hmm, what colour nail varnish goes with my eyes? Do I clash with the rock, can I be seen on photographs? Is that the time? Too late to go climbing, damn!
 NorthernRock 10 Nov 2010
In reply to Chris Tan Ver. LIII - On the Bog:
> (In reply to rocktop)
>
> I have two colours - red and blue. When the climbing is hard, I use the red ones and when it's easy, the blue ones. That way my second will have an idea of where the hard bits are.
>
> Hope that makes sense, c.

That's a joke right? Right? Oh Lordy, when it's difficult I struggle to get anything off my harness, normally recognised by my second as a runout section without gear, thereby double bluffing him into thinking it's dead easy coz I didn't place any gear!
 climbwales 10 Nov 2010
In reply to rocktop: I just put some gear in, clip it and move on. My second will soon find out where the hard bits are...
 climbwales 10 Nov 2010
In reply to NorthernRock: Agreed!
 Ricky Martin 10 Nov 2010
In reply to rocktop: Any one else tempted to buy Purple and Gold spectres for that retro look or is it just me the complete fasion victim?
 Normclimber 10 Nov 2010
In reply to NorthernRock:
> (In reply to Chris Tan Ver. LIII - On the Bog)
> [...]
>
>
> That's a joke right? Right? Oh Lordy, when it's difficult I struggle to get anything off my harness, normally recognised by my second as a runout section without gear, thereby double bluffing him into thinking it's dead easy coz I didn't place any gear!

My seconds find that, on the hard sections, all the gear is difficult to get out because I have rested on it all!

I seriousness (Yawn) I tend to always clip the rope in one end only (in my case red or a bent gate if both are silver) so I know there won't be any sharp burrs inside the krab from bolt or peg hangers.
rocktop 10 Nov 2010
In reply to Nicholas Livesey: Thanks. Although not a complete novice, I will be first to admit I have much to learn. Tips like your will really help. Thanks again.
rocktop 10 Nov 2010
In reply to climbwales: Absolutely Spectres. I've just trade marked 'Sceptres' in case WC want to use it
Great to hear from someone who has them. Thanks.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...