UKC

North West Area Meeting on Monday 29th November

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
This is a post to remind everyone that the next BMC NW area meeting will be held at 7.30pm on Monday 29th November. The meeting will be at Rock-over which is the rather good new bouldering wall in Manchester City Centre. The address for Rock-over is:

Clarence Hat Works
45 Julia Street
Manchester
M3 1LW

We try and vary the venues for the meetings so that they cover different parts of the area and we have not had one in Manchester for some time. A further advantage of meeting at Rockover is that those who want to ought to be able to get in a bouldering session before the meeting (but you will have to pay the usual admission for this). If you are just coming for the meeting please let the desk staff know and you won't need to pay for entry.
There will be a free buffet for those attending the meeting.

The Area Meeting is the grass roots forum for climbers in the North West and all climbers are welcome, even if you haven't got round to joining the BMC yet. The discussions can cover any and all issues of concern/interest to climbers. We aim to keep the conversation lively and as Chair I try very hard to prevent things getting overly fractious or unduly dull. The North West Area reports to and advises the BMC National Council(the Executive body of the BMC) which makes National Policy.

I am currently compiling the Agenda for the meeting and if you have matters you would like to raise please email me before Monday 22nd November when I will be completing and posting the Agenda.

The meeting will also include the formal AGM for the NW Area and although this does not amount to a lot of extra business it is the time when area officers are elected so if you would like to be considered for Chair, Secretary, National Council Rep or Club or Huts Committee rep positions then this is a good time to step forward. At the moment there are no nominations in for either Clubs rep or Huts rep position so if you are interested in either of these please get along to the meeting.

Hope to see you all there

Colin Struthers

Area Chairman

PS. Thanks to the good folks at Rockover for the free use of their venue

In reply to colin struthers:

For those who don't know it, here is a link to a map showing the location of Rockover.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Victoria+Station...

The wall website also gives directions from various start points location
 Tris 15 Nov 2010
In reply to colin struthers: Excellent, I can never get to the Bolton ones!!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...