UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick lecture at Ratho

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
What a laugh that was!

How refreshing it is to hear about a climbers miss-adventure bumbling through climbs rather than the crystal clear, well oiled expeditions that ” normal” climbers do lectures about.

I have been to see a number of lectures by different climbers and I was surprised by the different approach he takes to doing these talks, things like “Captain Kirk is climbing the mountain” is so funny. Could you imagine Chris Bonnington doing something like that? There is also some very inspirational footage of his wife/Girlfriend?? Climbing El Cap.

Amazing stuff. Make’s you think, stop holding off doing things due to not trying hard enough as Nike say “Just do it”.

Well the point is you should go and see him if you get the chance. It’s entertaining, funny, heart warming and good value for money.

SDB

P.S. The only down side is he didn’t have enough time at the end to sign my wife’s book and she was a bit disappointed as she loves getting her book collection signed by the authors.
 rallymania 18 Nov 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls:

hi shiny

agreed, very funny style... i laughed a lot, however i have to say if i was ever invited to climb with him (yeah, like that would happen) i'd probably politely decline. the man is a nutter
 creag 18 Nov 2010
In reply to ShinyDiscoBalls:
Shame about the second part being back to front... Pity his IT skills aren't as good as his aid climbing skills!!

Super funny guy though, really good laugh!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...