UKC

Hard Grit Dyno

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Roberto 24 Apr 2003
In the bouldering bit of Hard Grit there's a massive dyno to a huge juggy-looking round pocket. Anyone know where it is and how hard it is? It looks awesome. Cheers.
balls of cotton wool 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto: its the scoop on stonnis arete at black rockks i think?
ad 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto:
erm sounds like the buxton dyno maybe in stanage moore land on its own left of plantation.
daveP 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto: its the dyno at ilkley
 JonnyH 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto: Sounds (& looks) more like the dyno on the Calf at Ilkley. Can't remember the grade but it's not hard.
OP andy reeve 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto:
yeah i agree its the one on the calf at ilkely, V2 in the guide and damn good!
Craig_M 24 Apr 2003
In reply to ad:

Erm, obviously you mean the Buckstone dyno on, funnily enough, the Buckstone at Stanage.
In reply to Craig_M: Don't think the buckstone dyno's on hard grit is it? Could be wrong but can't remember it being on there.
 JonnyH 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Craig_M:
http://www.yorkshiregrit.com/ilkley.jsp

Click on photo - the Calf 'Classic Dyno'
Craig_M 24 Apr 2003
In reply to andy reeve:

I wasn't suggesting it was the Buckstone dyno, I was just clarifying ad's dubious description.
Roberto 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto:

It's definately not the Buckstone Dyno. That's from two big chipped holes to the top. This is round an arete to a massive big pocket.

It's definately not at Curbar, Froggatt, Burbage, Stanage or the Roaches. Looks like it could be Ilkely. Damn. Too far away!
In reply to Roberto: If its the ilkely dyno its right near the start of the bouldering part of hard grit, the fella who does it gets both hands on and swings around a little, right?
Roberto 24 Apr 2003
In reply to JonnyH:

Yup. That's it. Next time I'm in Yorkshire I'll get it done.
 Rich D 24 Apr 2003
yes classic dyno on the calf at Ilkley, if you look on yorkshiregrit.com there's a video of it. It's not that hard solid V2, but a brilliant laugh.
If you're into dynos check out morning sickness at widdop clattering stones again a top video on the same site.
That is definately worth the trip (from anywhere)
daveP 24 Apr 2003
In reply to andy reeve:
> (In reply to Craig_M) Don't think the buckstone dyno's on hard grit is it? Could be wrong but can't remember it being on there.

Theres a shot of ben moon landing it from above right at the start of the ben moon section. Christ i'm a gimp.
In reply to daveP: ahh good knowledge. still can't remember it though...
James Jackson 24 Apr 2003
In reply to Roberto:

Unfortunately, it is on a boulder problem. Kind of ruins it really.
 Simon 24 Apr 2003
In reply to balls of cotton wool:
> (In reply to Roberto) its the scoop on stonnis arete at black rockks i think?

I agree,

Is it the one where he has a rope for him either side and they both are belaying high up right & left.

Its not the calf at Ilkley.

Si

daveP 25 Apr 2003
In reply to Simon:

the original question was "In the bouldering bit of Hard Grit..." and yes that black rocks dyno thing is featured at the start, but the dyno he's on about is deffenitley the ilkley one, in the bouldering section of the vid.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...