UKC

Indoor climbing tuition

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Martin McKay 23 Nov 2010
premier post photo
Epic Ventures, based in Edinburgh, are running a number of indoor climbing courses this winter. These range from basic introductory and family sessions, to technique improvement and introduction to lead climbing.

We work closely with our clients, tailoring each session to their specific requirements, to ensure they get exactly what they need from their particular session.

So whether your just starting out, or looking to boost your performance for next season, we've got the course to suit you.

See our website at http://www.epic-ventures.com for more information.

climbman123 25 Nov 2010
In reply to Martin McKay:

I am considering buying my children a climbing frame with a climbing wall to get them into climbing, do you think that this is a good idea? They're fairly young still so I don't think I should get them on full-size walls yet.

Paul
http://www.etoyszone.co.uk
 Jacento 25 Nov 2010
In reply to climbman123: Hi man i work as a climbing instructor at the leeds wall and we start them at age 6 how old are your kids? Personally i think kids can start climbing from age 3 easily, my nephew certainly will be when hes 3.
Martin McKay 27 Nov 2010
In reply to climbman123:

Hi

Sorry for the slow reply. Each child is different, but it's important that what ever age you start them at it must be their choice to go and most importantly they must be having fun! I've seen plenty of parents physically pushing their kids up a wall because they are either to young to hold on themselves, too scared of the height, or just not that interested which is counter productive for the child.

If you want a soft introduction to the sport why not try taking them to Scrambles (I think it's called) at Ratho for a bit of simple 'bouldering' to get them used to the concept of climbing holds, and being off the ground. You can then introduce them to smaller walls and ropes once they are more comfortable and familiar with the idea.

We run family beginner sessions which can help you get started, and show you fun ways of getting younger kids involved and interested. If you would like more information give me a call and we discuss your requirements.

Regards

Martin
 muppetfilter 30 Nov 2010
In reply to climbman123: Your profile suggests you work for a climbing frame manufacturer .... Surely you should know about them or cunning adverts on climbing forums ;0)

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...