UKC

scafell

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 jas wood 24 Nov 2010
Anyone know if scafell has had snow yet ? and more importantly how reliant deep ghyll intergral relies on consolidated stuff ? i,m well aware things don't settle down in 15 mins after snow!

can only get out sunday (*sons birthday) and this would be a good steady start to the season :O) fingers crossed ja
 Harry Ellis 24 Nov 2010
In reply to jas wood: Very little snow on Scafell Crag today. a thin layer of old snow up lords rake (and presumably upper deep gill) but only the top 10% of the crag had any frost on it. Pikes crag in good nick for rock climbing. Great end had a bit of snow in the gullies - SE almost complete but several rock steps showing, Central had even more gaps, window and custs not complete either.

OP jas wood 24 Nov 2010
In reply to thegoatstroker: ah thanks, quite a lot of snow getting dumped on north york moors at the minute so maybe a ski then if things don't happen in the lakes :O)
seaofdreams 24 Nov 2010
In reply to jas wood: we climbed on Scafell on saturday in summer conditions.

the turf was only moderately frozen in the backs of the cracks and shadows and there was little real snow to speak of.

topped out in grey out and light snow. above 800
 3leggeddog 25 Nov 2010
In reply to jas wood:

DGI just needs frozen turf. Excellent climbing, similar to the eastern traverse but better, nice airy crux right at the top. Clear skies and no snow falling in the wild west currently
 Sean Kelly 25 Nov 2010
In reply to jas wood: Everything well frozen these last 2 days but little in the way of snow.
OP jas wood 25 Nov 2010
In reply to Sean Kelly: we have about six inches and snowing heavily on north york moors at the minute so ski-ing for me :O)

i hope you get a dump soon and things could be looking good, don't suppose any signs of ice starting top form ?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...