UKC

Andy Kirkpatrick in SHEFFIELD Wed 1st December

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Speakers from the Edge 25 Nov 2010
premier post photo
After 27 venues, 1 stolen projector and several thousand miles of traveling, Andy Kirkpatrick will be back on his home turf on 1st December for his Sheffield Off the Wall show. This is a different talk from the one he gave with Ian Parnell last Autumn, focusing on all his trips to El Capitan, including his solo-attempt earlier this year. There might however be a little bit about Captain Kirk...

WHEN: Wednesday 1st December

WHERE: The Foundry (NOT THE CLIMBING WALL) Sheffield University Students Union, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TG (in the main Students Union building.)

STARTS: 8.00pm (doors 7.30pm)

TICKETS: £9.50 (NUS £6.50)

BOX OFFICE: 0114 222 8 777

For more info please visit http://www.speakersfromtheedge.com/node/219

So far over 6000 people have seen his show - here's what some of them thought:

"To explain just how good Andy Kirkpatrick is, I've paid twice as much to see comedians who are less funny & don't even climb mountains!"

"Andy K up to his usual tricks. Stories of epics and innapropriate jokes - good stuff. Enjoyed it."

"What a great night I laughed from start to finsh...even at the inappropriate stuff , he's naturally funny with this rambling style, go see him for yourselves !!!!!! you wont regret it."

"Loved every minute of it. laughed sooooo much."

"Whole thing was hilarious last night laughed from start to finish."

"Absolutely bloody hilarious! Brilliant stuff."

"Saw him in Stockport recently. Hilarious although likewise I had Captain Kirk stuck in my head for days afterwards..."

"Very very funny! Highly recommended and I think even none climbers will appreciate his humour!"
Speakers from the Edge 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: So far, Andy's show is still going ahead, even if we all have to talk in...hope to see lots of you there!
 James Malloch 30 Nov 2010
Looking forward to this! Got some tickets today, should be a good night!
Daniellezll 01 Dec 2010
It's been postponed due to weather, just looked on the Sheffield Students Union website. Bugger!
Speakers from the Edge 01 Dec 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: Hi all, we've taken decision to postpone this event - it is rescheduled for Wednesday 8th December - same time same place.

If you are unable to make this new date, then the Uni are offering refunds via their box office on 0114 222 8 777.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused - Andy will be on Toby Foster tomorrow morning (BBC Radio Sheffield) being interviewed - er about snow!
Kasland 01 Dec 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: Phew can make the new dates - as long as i can get in from the Peak District by next wednesday - the snow is worth the wait as he is such a good speaker.
 mat_galvin 01 Dec 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge:
Glad I'll still get a chance to see him. Proper belly laughs every time!

Andy KP on Radio-good
Toby Foster-not so good.

Will put up with the latter to hear the former! If Toby makes any jokes about Andy not being able to make his gig I will petition for him to be taken to solo something on El Cap/Orion Face etc! Wouldn't be so bloody cheeky then!
Speakers from the Edge 01 Dec 2010
In reply to mat_galvin: I have explained several times the the producer why the show has been postponed, hopefully he will resist the temptation (mmmm!)
Speakers from the Edge 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge: Don't forget Andy will be in Sheffield this Wednesday 8th December at The Foundry at Sheffield Students Union. There are still some tickets available - it will be on whatever the weather, so dig out your crampons...
kezecuk 08 Dec 2010
In reply to Speakers from the Edge:

Can you still get tickets on the door??

Please Register as a New User in order to reply to this topic.
Loading Notifications...