UKC

Longstone Edge

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Simon Caldwell 30 Nov 2010
http://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2010/11/29/european-court-throws-out-final...

"The European Court of Human Rights turned down Bleaklow Industries’ right to appeal against the national park’s enforcement action to halt excessive stone extraction at Backdale Quarry, near Bakewell."

Monk 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Toreador:

What the hell has quarrying got to do with humam rights?!

Still, at least the decision goes in our favour.
 Chris the Tall 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Monk:
> (In reply to Toreador)
>
> What the hell has quarrying got to do with humam rights?!
>

I believe he claimed his right to earn a living had been infringed - very far fetched because those grounds you could justify anything (Making it illegal to sell heroin denies drug dealers the right to work !). I suspect it was merely a ploy to drag it through the courts for a bit longer in the hope of either finding another idiot like the one who found in his favour eaerlier, or scareing the PDNPA into making a deal
 Tony & Sarah 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Toreador: Brilliant

Tony & Sarah

P.S. Can Henry Folkard retire now ? well done everybody involved
 Offwidth 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Tony & Sarah: Retire when they are selling off half the peak climbing????????
In reply to Offwidth:

So, how long before Backdale becomes the next Horseshoe...
 Chris the Tall 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Toreador:
From what I've heard it would require more than just a few hard winters - it's really low grade limestone and the extraction process was a real smash and grab affair. I suspect it will be landscaped eventually.
 Simon 30 Nov 2010
In reply to Offwidth:
> (In reply to Tony & Sarah) Retire when they are selling off half the peak climbing????????

Just the climbing? ;0)

Si
 Team BMC 02 Dec 2010
In reply to Toreador:

Report on this also on BMC website here http://www.thebmc.co.uk/News.aspx?id=4038
In reply to Toreador:

Has anyone told Gary?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...