UKC

Rope Bag Advice

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Alpenglow 01 Dec 2010
I need a rope bag to hold a 60m rope with general sport gear. A tarp would also be useful to keep my rope clean. DMM Classic or wild country rope bags? Any advice?

Thanks,
BR
 Oceanrower 01 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver:

Well I've got a La Sportiva but frankly, they're all a bag with a groundsheet - does it really matter which one?
timO 01 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver: ...picked up a really cheap but really good beal one in France (sport2000 near geneva) and its far better than my old dmm imho
timO 01 Dec 2010
In reply to timO: ...i think decathlon have them in the UK...
Removed User 02 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver:
i'm happy with my rab rope bag, holds 60m, shoes, draws, harness,snacks, comfortable to carry
seb
Sarah G 02 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver:
IKEA bag works fine for me.

Sx
 3 Names 02 Dec 2010
In reply to Sarah G:

ikea bag is the best and the cheapest.
FiendishMcButton 02 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver:

Recommend one of these http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/vuarde-30-rope-bag-69428984/#

Loads of room for kit and a 60m rope - If you fill up the bag with other stuff there's an rope carrier on the top of the bag.
 Toerag 02 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver: I have a turquoise/green Beal bag and it's very good - no zips to get jammed up with grit.
OP Alpenglow 03 Dec 2010
Ok thanks everyone I'll check some of them out.

BR
 Fraser 04 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver:

A friend recently picked up a 'Simond' one in Decathlon (Glasgow) which is very good. Big tarp and a couple of grab handles on the perimeter draw string. When you're done and all the rope's on the tarp, you just grab the handles, pull them up and the thing closes over nicely. Not on their website but it's this one:

http://www.simond.com/shop/activites/act-11-Sports-climbing/cat-8-Others/pr...

Danzig 04 Dec 2010
In reply to blackreaver: I use the DMM rucksac-type, soz can't remember what its called, but I can get 2 60m halfs + all the rest in aswell. Great bag + massive tarp-i proofed mine for some extra pro from the elements. OutdoorDesigns do a cheap sac-type which is v.good also.
In reply to blackreaver: I have mixed views on this. You need to think about where you will be climbing. I have a DMM rucksack style one which is fine but with the sheet extended it is not possible to zip up the bag fully to keep the contents secured and if I am honest it does not make that good a rucksack. Most sport climbing is easy access and I find that a separate bag for the rope and a rucksack for the rest of the gear is usually more convenient. I like the BD rope bag as it is simple, light and doubles as a rope bucket if necessary so I'm seriously thinking of getting one of those. Go for the Ikea if you are a skinflint, not sure if you could carry that over a shoulder though???.

Al

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...