UKC

NEWS: Albarracin Access Issues

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 02 Dec 2010
Bouldering at Albarracin, 3 kbThe sandstone bouldering area of Albarracin in Spain is becoming a victim of its own success and of bad behaviour from climbers.

Oscar Navarro, from the Asociacion Escalada Sostenible Albarracín, has issued a statement which he hopes will help climbers adhere to certain rules when visiting the area...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59205

MattH 02 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:

Interesting that if you look at the photos at the bottom of the link every one of them has chalk all over the problems, and many have tick marks...

Robin Warden 02 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
I have been there twice now, and have noticed toilet paper and crap on the side of paths, never mind hiden or coverd with soil, it is disrespectful to both the place and thoes who pass through it!! Also finger tape is left at boulder after boulder, along with tag marks, not joking, I saw a huge hole hold under a roof, it had 12 tag lines around it, I could have fit my head inside the bloody thing!!
In reply to MattH:

Also interesting that (unless I am mistaken) UKC recently ran a News article about people doing problems on banned boulders.
 Michael Ryan 02 Dec 2010
In reply to bentley's biceps:
> (In reply to MattH)
>
> Also interesting that (unless I am mistaken) UKC recently ran a News article about people doing problems on banned boulders.

please link to the news item

In reply to Mick Ryan - UKC:

The Dyno one, Mick. I seem to recall one of the problems is on a banned boulder- but I may be wrong, in which case I apologise

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...