UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Video: The greatest flasher

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Paul Robinson on his way to work, 4 kbIn this climbing documentary by investigative journalists Carlo Traversi and Jon Glassberg, Wallraffing* as boulderers, we get to see what goes on behind the scenes and what it really takes to perform on the cutting edge on what is humanly possible.
*This style of research is based on what the...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59257
 Quarryboy 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

LOL that's all I can say.
 Adam Lincoln 06 Dec 2010
A cheap attempt at trying to get back at the FA for personal reasons.
 Peter Walker 06 Dec 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln: Indeed. What a shame some half-decent footage has been used in the context of some rather cheap personal digs.
mallory45 07 Dec 2010
Quite funny. I guess this puts to rest any doubts about whether personal motivations were at stake.
 creag 07 Dec 2010
In reply to mallory45:
Really funny, some quite good acting on the film too!!
martin77 07 Dec 2010
In reply to mallory45:

you just dont get it? or are you sarcastic?! watch very close to the start and the ending, there is another story beside the "funny"-part. and that part is very much NOT "professional" (as carlo describes himself as a "professional" on his webpage). looks more like a (cheap) childish try like: look mama, i was right about the "shit-project" and so on...
mallory45 07 Dec 2010
In reply to martin77: I think I got it. And parts were very funny. Carrying His Higness of Robinson to the boulder. Putting on his shoes for him. Taking off his sweatshirt. Brushing the holds. Royalty has its benefits, doesn't it?

I don't care at all about the personal digs, though they are clear as day. Best part was watching Paul's flash attempt, which he came real close to finishing. That alone, it seems to me, calls in question the 8B+ grade first given the boulder.
martin77 07 Dec 2010
In reply to mallory45: yep, there were funny-parts! but its really not about the downgrade. its about how it was communicated, and that was and is (with this movie) not professional at all - simply showing some respect woud be a point of professionality!
banned profile 74 07 Dec 2010
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: well thats 9 and a half minutes of my life i will never get back
 anonymouse 08 Dec 2010
In reply to Adam Lincoln:
> A cheap attempt at trying to get back at the FA for personal reasons.

Although, if you don't know or care about such things, it's mildly amusing.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...