UKC

NEWS: Glowacz and Heuber - 16 Pitch 8b - Venezuela

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 09 Dec 2010
Stefan Glowacz on Behind the Rainbow, 4 kbStefan Glowacz and Holger Heuber have succeeded in climbing their Behind the Rainbow on the north face La Proa on Tepuis Roraima in the Venezuelan jungle.

The route is sixteen pitches in length with difficulties up to F8b.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59322

remus Global Crag Moderator 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: What an incredible route!

Jack, is that norway pic at the bottom meant to be in there?
In reply to remus:

Thanks. Jack's not up yet but that was one of his 'holding' photos for layout. Now gone.

Alan
 andybenham 09 Dec 2010
In reply to Alan James - UKC: no it hasn't !
 GDes 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: That looks absolutely amazing. I'd imagine that the climbing 8b part is only a fraction of the challenge. I remember reading one of John Arran's articles about Venezuela, and just getting to the bottom of the thing looks challenging enough.

Effort boys.
 wakeupandream 09 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News:
Great to see hard routes being being crushed in my homeland! For sure Venezuela IS the Lost World... and for many more reasons than a couple of spiders or boas hanging around in the jungle. The potential for new routes is endless.
What is also amazing about the news is that Glowacz and Heuber completed a standing project from the late Kurt Albert, rocking hard at 8b!
Amazing effort.
 wakeupandream 09 Dec 2010
In reply to wakeupandream:

I'm sorry about this second post, but in English it should be spelled Roraima Tepui, as it is a single mountain.
These table-top mountains are called tepuyes by the Pemon community, who consider them as the home of their gods.
Arran went to 'Auyan-Tepuy' and Sharma went bouldering to 'Kukenan Tepuy'.
 AdamBrown 11 Dec 2010
In reply to UKC News: Has anyone read "climb to the lost world" ? I think its called that by Hamish Mcinnes. Its a pretty good book about a team that received funding from the BBC to climb this.

Just thought I'd throw that in there. The climb is awe inspiring and like one of the most enchanting but intense places to climb. Props to these two rippers

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...