UKC

Convert Yeti gaiters into standard gaiters

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Pietrach 17 Dec 2010
Hi,

I have yeti gaiters, the ones that cover the entire boot. These are too small for my boot and I cannot stretch the rubber part enough to fit my boot. I have decided to maybe convert these to standard gaiters cutting the bottom off and adding straps.
Have anyone here done this before?

Thanks
Pawel
In reply to Pietrach:

Sell them, buy normal gaiters?
OP Pietrach 17 Dec 2010
In reply to A Longleat Boulderer:
Thanks Boulderer.
I have put the in Sale/Wanted section offering a swap for bigger. The problem is that these are quite old (although in very good condition), so the sale price would probably be not enough for new gaiters.
 NathanP 17 Dec 2010
In reply to Pietrach:

Are you really sure they are the wrong size for your boots and not just really hard to get on? Yetis, especially the full-on ones for rigid boots are notoriously hard to put on and always seem too small.

Apologies if you are on old hand with Yetis and already know that but it would be a shame to cut them up if it was just the usual question of needing some heat, tyre levers, a post to hold the boot and 4 harnessed cart horses to help pull!
OP Pietrach 19 Dec 2010
In reply to NathanP:
Good advice Nathan, thanks a lot. After reading your post I researched internet how other people put the yeti gaiters on. After a short struggle and few bruised finger tips I have managed to put them on. Still thinkingthese should be L size, but they are on now and look like they gonna stay there for good

For the reference, there are instructions I followed from a website:
"shove toe through front bit, get heel on, turn front rand inside out, put toe of boot on floor push thumbs inside turned out rand and puuuuuuuuuush like hell, then flip over to finish, if quite easy, then recommend pull up toe rand, clean up boot, apply glue and reseat rand"

Thanks a lot again.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...