/ Repairing a duvet jacket.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
jonathan shepherd - on 26 Dec 2010
I've torn the pocket on my old mountain equipment duvet jacket, does anyone know if there are any type of patches available to repair this?
gethin_allen on 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
not quite sure what you mean my "torn a pocket" is that broken the lining or torn the outer material but anyhow. If it's the outer material you could try tenacious tape or get a couple of test swatches of material and glue them on with seam grip/storm grip (same stuff different makes)
if it's the inside just get your needle and thread out as it doesn't need to look tidy so just sew a few stitches along the edges you need to join to reduce the chance of the edges fraying and then sew the hole closed.
In reply to gethin_allen: Hi Gethin, its the outer pocket thats torn, i did a repair many years ago on a tear on the back of the coat (it's over 25 years old) but i can't remember where i got the patch from but that ones still going strong. I'll see if i can get a swatch from somewhere.
gethin_allen on 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd:
Try asking a fabric store for a trial swatch, google point north.
Nige M - on 26 Dec 2010
In reply to jonathan shepherd: Forget fancy patches. Just use a square of Duck Tape. I have a jacket with Duck Tape patches that have lasted for over 15 years and have never peeled away.
In reply to gethin_allen: Thanks for the link Gethin, i've sent for some.
ads.ukclimbing.com
In reply to Nige M: I'd like to get a colour match if possible but if not then i'll duck tape it.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.