UKC

Cassin Skywalker axes...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Joolz 27 Dec 2010
I'd like new picks and a new Adze for my Cassin Skywalkers... but the reply from Cassin itself wasn't helpful! (below)

Anyone know of a shop with some hidden in a box out the back??

"Many thanks for your email.
I do inform you that Skywalker ice axe is out of production since long time as well as per the spare parts, I am sorry!
Best regards"
 Oceanic 27 Dec 2010
In reply to Joolz:

Cassin Skywalkers? I remember them, I used to climb with a bloke who had a pair

I think the picks off the straight shafted Cassin Antares (sp.) axe would fit too.

Needlesports is usually the best bet for spare axe parts, but I'd be surprised if they had spare parts for Cassin axes, as I don't ever remember them being that popular. Were spare picks even imported for Cassin axes? As I remember you worked in a shop back in the day, so maybe you would know the answer to that as well as anyone?

Have they been sharpened so many times that it is just not an option to sharpen them again? If so I think some new axes might be in order? Go on, you know you want to!

OP Joolz 31 Dec 2010
In reply to Oceanic:

They've been sharpened a lot but it's the adze which, after a bit of a knock, has been bent by 90 o sideways. I'll need a vice and hammer to knock it back. I though replacing parts would have been the cheapest option(and I may as well have my picks replaced too) but alas, possibly not an option.

I've already kept Mel up to date with this conversation thread and she may even see the new axes being ordered! Petzl seem to have some nice looking ones - god they've changed!

Good to see your photos on facebook keeping on appearing!

Happy New Year Oceanic, hope you got drunk and danced badly, as always!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...