UKC

ice axe on centre post meggie

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Drew52 02 Jan 2011
i took a fall on centre post today. if anyone finds a petzl nomic on centre post direct can you email me. i know its a long shot but if you dont ask you dont get. cheers

drew
 Padraig 02 Jan 2011
In reply to Drew52:

Hi Drew,

Heading that way this week, will keep an eye out.
 Padraig 02 Jan 2011
In reply to Drew52:

Forgot to say hope you're OK?
 KA 02 Jan 2011
In reply to Drew52: Hi Drew,

I'm afraid that I don't have any info on your axes, but we passed you, on the way to South Post Direct first thing this morning. I heard that you had taken a fall from passing climbers, glad you're ok.

Did you find conditions particularly difficult today? We found the ice very hard and brittle, and I know it's of little consolation, but I had to abandon two screws on the crux pitch of South Post Direct. Finished the route at 7pm!
OP Drew52 03 Jan 2011
In reply to KA: it was all going well. my axe just ripped when i was shaking out at the crux unfortunately. we were wondering how you guys were getting on when we were leaving as the cloud rolled in.
OP Drew52 03 Jan 2011
In reply to Padraig: cheers. im just a bit bruised.
 JAMES K 03 Jan 2011
In reply to Drew52: anyone see what nick the wand or smiths was in?
 niallk 03 Jan 2011
In reply to KA:

Hi Ken,

I have your nut from South Post (small consolation over the screws lost). Your partner kindly left it in to save time for us. Figured we'd catch you up at the bottom of the last ice pitch, but with shorter ropes and one headtorch between us there was a bit more faff. My partner had fun climbing that last ice without any light...

Drop me a mail with your address and I'll send it to you.
Sam Hawkins 03 Jan 2011
In reply to niallk:

Did you lose a head torch on the way in? I met someone in the corrie who had found one, said they would post it on lost and found. I also found a quickdraw half way down easy gully.

I thought The Wand looked pretty good.
 niallk 03 Jan 2011
In reply to Sam Hawkins:

No, was in another bag at home. The chap who had found one asked us that at the bottom and though my pal was missing his, it didn't belong to him. In retrospect, we probably should have asked to borrow it then post it on L&F here!

The Wand was our other option, but already late in didn't fancy risking the extra trudge round and back if was out of nick. Should have had a peek.
OP Drew52 20 Jan 2011
In reply to Drew52: Anyone been up there yet?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...