UKC

How well does a Jetboil work camping on the Ben?(In winter!)

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SGH Matt 04 Jan 2011
Hi there,
Have just got a Jetboil and was wondering how well it performs in the cold (am planning a Ben trip in feb)
Cheers
Matt
 Rory Shaw 04 Jan 2011
In reply to SGH Matt: I've used mine snow holing a few times - just put the gas in your sleeping bag (with you in it) for 15 mins before you want to use it. You can't however beat an msr to melt snow but they are a bit of a pain in the arse compared to a jetboil.

graycj 04 Jan 2011
In reply to SGH Matt:
I used mine on the Ben about that time last year. Obviously as a gas stove the cold temperatures affect the efficiency dramatically. It still works but I wouldn't want to be melting snow on it otherwise you'd have to caryy a whole heap of gas. Be careful it doesn't boil over as when the boiling water touches the gas canister the efficency improves dramatically, causing the water to boil almost instantly and blowing the lid off, sprayin a sinsiter combination of boiling water and pasta all over the inside of your new hilleberg akto and over your sleeping bag...
 Roberttaylor 11 Jan 2011
In reply to graycj: Only if you don't pay attention. Jetboils are good kit but a bit limited by their size.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...