UKC

Chris Sharma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Angus Walker 10 Jan 2011
To be honest, I don't think chris Sharma is one of the best climbers because He is only good because he's really strong!
however, he doesn't have a great technique unlike Adam Ondra! ....
 richardh 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker:

sure, because just being 'really strong' with poor technique will get you up 9b of course.
 Juglan 10 Jan 2011
I dont think anyone else in the world exemplifies how powerful momentum is in climbing. If that is not good technique then nothing is. Momentum looks like strength but its not necessarily, is it?
The_JT 10 Jan 2011

I used to think that, but having watched some videos of him in competitions, I think the opposite's true - he actually has good footwork. On numerous problems, the other competitors fail to get their feet on and try to campus a move where he does get his feet on... he succeeds, they fail... who's the better climber? Perhaps Ondra is better, but how can you tell unless you've watched them climb the same things - different styles of routes/problems will be best climbed with different techniques.
 Liam Taylor 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: didnt you have a post saying chris sharma is one of the best climbers in the world?
Angus Walker 10 Jan 2011
In reply to richardh: Yeah, you have a point but have you noticed that Chris Sharma only climbs overhangs unlike slabs which involve much more technique .. but if he wasn't strong he'd be struggling to get up 7b's!
banned profile 74 10 Jan 2011
> To be honest, I don't think chris Sharma is one of the best climbers because He is only good because he's really strong!
> however, he doesn't have a great technique unlike Adam Ondra! ....

you obviously have no idea about climbing fella,maybe sitting under a bridge would suit you better

JLS 10 Jan 2011

I suspect you might be wrong there.
In reply to Angus Walker: quoted from you on the "who is the greatest sport climber in the world thread-Im saying Either Alex Honnold or Chris Sharma!"
changed yoiur mind quick didnt you.
 James Oswald 10 Jan 2011
I was once slated on here for starting a similar thread, I'd like to think I've matured since...
Chris Sharma does seem like a mutant who thugs his way up things. But watch a video closely.
See the amount of momentum he uses! He really is incredibly dynamic which means that he needs less strength. He may climb in a different style to Ondra but that doesn't mean his technique is worse!
You just can't get to 9b on strength alone!
P.s. Watch him on Dreamcatcher and then tell me that he can't climb slabs...
James
 mr mills 10 Jan 2011

Are you for real ? Iv`e seen Chris Sharma climb and his footwork is really good, silly post !!!

mills.
 richardh 10 Jan 2011

9b slabs rarely exist. Bain de Sang maybe? 9a wall?
I think my point about technique, is that Sharma - in your opinion - may not be as fluid as Ondra, but I'd suggest if you amputated one of his legs and took off half his strength, his remaining technique would mean he'd still be able to cruise 7b, and probably 8a.
Angus Walker 10 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: Yes, but you learn things don't you!
Anyway, that's my perspective and i don't give a shit what you guys think ...
He's good at climbing yeah, but many of my climbing mate's agree with me that he wouldn't be no where near as good as he is now if he wasn't strong!
 Michael Hood 10 Jan 2011
> He's good at climbing yeah, but many of my climbing mate's agree with me that he wouldn't be no where near as good as he is now if he wasn't strong!

Well like duh! Name me one climber that would be better if they were weaker
 Helnorris 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: Think he is a pretty awesome climber myself. Must be pretty good to able to climb 9b
In reply to Angus Walker: if you knew anything about climbing you would realise that you need just as much technique to climb on the steep as you do on a slab.
i think your a silly 13yo troll who cant climb-thats my perspective and i dont give a shit what you think
 scooott 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: Troll rating of 2/10.

That's like me saying Usain Bolt can't run very well, he's just really fast.
 shaggypops 10 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth:
> i think your a silly 13yo troll who cant climb-thats my perspective and i dont give a shit what you think

close.....he's a silly 14yo
In reply to shaggypops: and not mature for his age
 Rob15 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: Watch a video of him climbing witness the fitness and tell me his footwork is bad, you try memorising 30+ foot placements!
KTT 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Rob15: Is this the thread that would make Turing both happy and deeply depressed at the same time?
 Mick Ward 10 Jan 2011
In reply to KTT:

Hmm... I suspect it would veer towards deeply depressed.

Mick
 Rob15 10 Jan 2011
In reply to KTT: haha, I think you're probably right
KTT 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Rob15: PLeas ebuy my lovely pizza, it will make you happy and climb E10.
 Michael Hood 10 Jan 2011
In reply to scooott:
> (In reply to Angus Walker) Troll rating of 2/10.
>
> That's like me saying Usain Bolt can't run very well, he's just really fast.

Which is pretty much what Michael Johnson implied; he reckoned he could get UB to go under 19 for 200m with a bit of work on his technique.

Owain 10 Jan 2011
> (In reply to beastofackworth) Yes, but you learn things don't you!
> Anyway, that's my perspective and i don't give a shit what you guys think ...

Haha, why did you start this thread?

You should think long and hard about what you are going to say before posting Angus, your saying he isn't one of the best climbers but as a matter of fact he is one of the best climbers, if not thee best in peoples eyes. You cannot be at a level of climbing 9a and pushing 9b and not be regard as one of the best.

Adam Lincoln 10 Jan 2011

You must be either
a) trolling
b) have no idea
KTT 10 Jan 2011
In reply to Adam Lincoln: That's some insight. Thanks.
Og Mcgriddles 11 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: this is a joke right lol
 Scarab9 11 Jan 2011
oh dear! bored are we?

To even take this seriously a moment, having a different approach and style doesn't mean you aren't as good. It's results that matter. Yes if you thug up a S when you're starting out you may struggle more on higher grades initially as you ahve to relearn your footwork, but we're talking the highend climbers here.
 GrahamD 11 Jan 2011

Are you Harry Hill trying to set up a Sharma/Ondra fight ? if so can I claim £5 ?
 Mark Savage 11 Jan 2011

> Anyway, that's my perspective and i don't give a shit what you guys think

But you decided to post anyway? Grow up.
 Keendan 11 Jan 2011

Your enthusiasm is understandable. We've all been there, but if you just want to let us know what you think why not start a blog or something and hope some people read it.

If you don't care what others think then why post on a forum?

neilinut 11 Jan 2011

sure he is a very dynamic climber but momentum is used with precision. Take a look at the Dreamcatcher FA where he deadpoints the slap out to the sloper. That isn't just strength.
 williamsf1 11 Jan 2011

Troll 1/10

Witness the Fitness - insane strength, great technique and control. i doubt ondra could hold that full body stretch where his hand is turned out and is usung a two finger pocket.

Dreamcatcher - as mention before in this blog, very good use of feet

King lion - i love that problem, shoulder wrenching move with you hand backwards, then footwork trickery to move out to a sloper or crimp (i cant quite remember)

you can't be as good as he is by just thugging things out, technique is the key.
 williamsf1 11 Jan 2011
In reply to Michael Hood:

He could also go under 9.5 with work on his core control to stop the lateral movement; greater hip drive at the start (tricky in tall athletes but he seems to cope well) plus to relax the shoulders somewhat.

silo 11 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: agreed!
silo 11 Jan 2011
> To be honest, I don't think chris Sharma is one of the best climbers because He is only good because he's really strong!

is this a joke!
challis349 11 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: I saw Chris sharma climbing on first accent on extreme last week, and it showed you some of his footwork quite closely, I'm only a beginner but to climb what he climbs, then surely the man is doin something, or a lot of things right, can you Angus climb what Chris can with your perfect technique and perfect footwork all the time? I can't and don't pretend to, come on, really... Chris sharma not very good, pissing myself laughing

What a joke
Oniano 11 Jan 2011

Has anybody seen Steve Harby climb? He climbs down Nottingham Wall - definitely a one to watch if you ask me. Watching him climb, I'm convinced he's the product of a Dawes and Sharma mating session.
 Michael Ryan 11 Jan 2011

by - Angus Walker ?L on - 30 Dec 2010
Im debating who do you lot think is the best sport climber in the World?
Im saying Either Alex Honnold or Chris Sharma!
what do you think?

Fraser 11 Jan 2011

> many of my climbing mate's agree with me that he wouldn't be no where near as good as he is now if he wasn't strong!

Early doors I know, but mind if I propose this for quote of the year?

Owain 11 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: I'm only little
In reply to Angus Walker: oh dear..
 Charlie_Zero 11 Jan 2011

Ondra is strong too - and getting stronger! He couldn't have achieved all that he with good technique alone.

Watch the video of him climbing in this link. Strong? Definitely!

http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59574
 nufkin 11 Jan 2011
In reply to Oniano:
> (In reply to Angus Walker)
>
> a Dawes and Sharma mating session.

Was that a one-off or can we buy tickets?
KTT 11 Jan 2011
In reply to nufkin: The act itself would be repellent but can you imagine the post coital drivel that they'd be spoutin afterwards.. . . .
 Ewano 12 Jan 2011
In reply to James Oswald: dreamcatcher is overhanging, but you're still right, his footwork is amazing. All the top climbers have incredible footwork as without it, they wouldn't be top climbers. The original statement is so wrong it's untrue.
 Jonny2vests 12 Jan 2011

Can we have a kids forum please where git wizards like this can live.

Kids - they're so childish.
 Blue Straggler 12 Jan 2011
In reply to jonny2vests:
>
> Kids - they're so childish.

<applauds>
 Jonny2vests 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> (In reply to jonny2vests)
> [...]
>
> <applauds>

<bows>
 Jiduvah 12 Jan 2011
In reply to williamsf1: Just found this video as I haven't heard of witness the fitness before

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/3125771

Unbelievable tekkers
Tam Stone 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Fraser: Seconded, he must run about with Callum Fishy et al.
In reply to Ewano: but the start is a blank slab......
 MJ 12 Jan 2011

Technique is nothing without power.

Keendan 12 Jan 2011
In reply to Jiduvah:

That's truly amazing how he keeps his feet on the whole time bar one move near the end. :O:O
 RockSteady 12 Jan 2011

If you watch him on Jumbo Love, his drop knee moves are incredible.

I think Sharma's footwork and all his technique is at the very highest level. It's just the routes he chooses are so steep, even someone with his beast-like strength can't keep his feet on all the time.

When he cuts loose, watch how quickly and accurately he puts his feet back on and adjusts his body position.

Also his bellowing technique is incredible.
 Michael Hood 12 Jan 2011
In reply to RockSteady:
> Also his bellowing technique is incredible.

I was wondering about this with respect to KTT's comment at 21:50 on Tue

rtwilli4 13 Jan 2011

I've watched Sharma climb a few routes in person. He has pretty good technique.

And if you remember (obviously you don't), Sharma was hiking 14d's when he was a skinny little kid.
dynouk 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: How do you like this apple!
http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59828
 racodemisa 14 Jan 2011
In reply to RockSteady: His technique is unique but its also interesting to watch others like Paxti,Ramon and Ondra.I think they are so good because they quickly,sometimes with feedback from others,discover their own unique strenghs and then find means(rts,training?)that they can use to get better.Working strenghts is good but working weakness's is the most impressive in my view.
What makes Ondra the best(sorry..sweeping statement there)is that he can do everything!Eg he did Tough enough(Madagascar) twice repeating(or 1st ascent)an 8c pitch-linked from the ground.This rt is steep slab/vert wall(8 or 9 pitches about 4 i believe in the 8b/c realm) climbing and calls for different skills to say Santa Linya etc.
Sharma has led the way but appears not to have diversified much at the same time.
dynouk 14 Jan 2011
In reply to witnessthis: I think him owning the hardest DWS line es pontas might considering diversification, he is also probably the only climber i know of that has done a 9b DWS, 9b sports line and v15 boulder - I do agree with your personal opinion that i think ondra is a better sports climber, he's simply just the future of climbing just as sharma was 15 years ago..
sharma on the other hand is still putting up the coolest line there is, from prana's anthology of him, it looks like he's put up a line that is 9b+ which he's working on... http://www.prana.com/chris-sharma-anthology/year-2010
 snoopyloop 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: well, you have a sense of Humor,, thats a start! PMSL!!!!!!!
andyandy1 14 Jan 2011

Cheryl Cole is only as hot as she is because she's not fat!

Bin Laden is only a dick because he's an islamic fundamentalist terrorist! (and he's got a crap beard).

The Beatles were only famous because they made loads of hit songs!
challis349 14 Jan 2011
In reply to andyandy1:

Chris Sharma is a fantastic climber because he had shoddy footwork...

hang on... that doesnt work lol

just messin
banned profile 74 14 Jan 2011
In reply to andyandy1:
>
> Cheryl Cole is only as hot as she is because she's not fat!
>

i dont think cheryl cole is remotely hot <shrugs>
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 14 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: I regret to inform you that your personal opinion is wrong :P
 Jon_Warner 14 Jan 2011

Cheryl Cole not hot! Heresy! That's like saying Chris Sharma's crap at climbing.

Oh no. no it isn't.
I seem to be confusing opinion with fact...
 MJ 14 Jan 2011

"i dont think cheryl cole is remotely hot <shrugs>"

She's not ugly, but she's not as hot as she obviously thinks she is. Way too skinny and too much make up. Looks like a young teenager - maybe that's the attraction to some people...

In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll:
> (In reply to beastofackworth) I regret to inform you that your personal opinion is wrong :P

a person oppinion cant be wrong-mine is based on the fact that i cant stand her overly broad geordie accent and i dont like skinny girls plus i wouldnt want to risk hearing her sing
gritstoneclimber 14 Jan 2011
> To be honest, I don't think chris Sharma is one of the best climbers

ABSOLUTE tosh
 Jon_Warner 14 Jan 2011

but if you put up with those three things you'd have enough money to climb 24/7....
In reply to Jon_Warner:
> (In reply to beastofackworth)
>
> but if you put up with those three things you'd have enough money to climb 24/7....

sorry the downsides still outweigh to upsides plus i was in a relationship with a geordie girl for 3 years and thats put me off the others,i really arent a fan of the accent
 Fishmate 14 Jan 2011

She has small hands. That's enough to make me feel like a man
ice.solo 15 Jan 2011

not the first time ive told this anecdote:

saw sharma in tokyo with yuji hirayama and dai koyamada.

after lots of talking they all did their interpretation of an overhanging wall.
hirayama was pure power and directness, koyamada super strength and lots of elegant shove.

sharma just didnt make sense. i watched, i saw and how he did the same 10 holds i just dont understand.
yeah he grunted and gasped, and obviously hes f*cken strong, but his way of sticking to the face just doesnt seem real.

he may not be the single best climber ever - i dont think there is a single best.
but anyone who is better must be f*cken magic.
 JLS 15 Jan 2011
In reply to ice.solo:

Some say that in his attic hangs a picture of a scrawny little man that wasn't very strong and could climb stairs.
 ksjs 16 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: and Steve McClure would be nowhere near as good if he had weaker tendons, Adam Ondra wouldnt be as good if he had less respiratory capacity, Patxi wouldnt be as good if he couldnt process images in his brain as well as he does and so on.

and your posts might be more balanced if you used your nut a bit more.
In reply to Jiduvah:

Thanks for posting the link - some sequence!!
How hard is this?
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 16 Jan 2011
In reply to Christheclimber: 8Cish probably
In reply to Angus Walker: this is the most stupid forum i have read. what makes you think he does'nt have a good technique????? watch progression my friend
 Mike Goldthorp 16 Jan 2011
What baffles me is that the OP, and a lot of others posting on this forum, seem to think good technique is comprised solely of good footwork, particularly on slabs. Its not! Footwork, momentum, timing and precision (deadpointing etc.), body positioning, co-ordination, balance and flexibility, (plus probably more?) for me all come under climbing technique.

Chris Sharma moves SO well on rock! I think Ondras got quite a lot more reach, so can do stuff statically (sometimes to his detriment if you've seen that bouldering comp video) so he may look more controlled, but Sharmas just a hero
 La benya 16 Jan 2011
In reply to Mike Goldthorp:

Surely the best technique is to use what you've got to get the best outta yourself. Sharma is quite a heavy chap and needs to throw himself around and scream etc.

He's not comparable to ondra.
 Mike Goldthorp 17 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin:

> Surely the best technique is to use what you've got to get the best outta yourself.

In a way I suppose, but your not really defining what technique IS as such are you...
But I agree, effective technique will vary for different people and on different routes. Ondra is incredible in his style. I was just opposing the OPs statement of Ondra having better technique, just different technique for a different body types like you say.

> He's not comparable to ondra.
Surely you can compare any climbers. Ondra is taller and lighter so climbs the way he does, statically and with his feet on more than Sharma who is smaller and thus more dynamic and powerful, really well co-ordinated with big moves (I dont think Ondra could do Es Pontas even if it was a bolted line).
Climbwhenready 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: guys , who gives a ..... about this, stop arguing. This is pathetic. It is a form from this guy and that is his opinion.Everyoe should be aloud to have an opinion, And I think he should have his. dont you think/

Oh and one other thing. I have been climbing for over 43 years and I tell you what, I have never met people who argue over climing, and if you are true to the sport you are willing to help them to achieve higher grades. You should be ashamed of your selves.

Call yourself true climbers in the climbing community.fools.
Angus Walker 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Climbwhenready: Fine words my friend!
At least there is a true climber on this website!
banned profile 74 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Angus Walker: so one person big ups you and everyone else thinks your a tool and your happy about that?hmmmm your a starnge person.
by the words of this "true climber" he should be saying your not a true climber either as you started off by critiscising probably the worlds best sport climber by stating he had no technique which shows that your obviously either very new to climbign or a very poor climber,or a troll.i will put my money on a poor climbing troll
 La benya 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Climbwhenready:

He never asked for advise or any help?! Why should we be encouraging him? He try's to slate someone so he vote shot down. It's the same everywhere my friend.

Now I've oy been climbing 5 years but... Oh wait why the f*ck does it matter how long you've been climbing? Idiot.

If you want to encourage someone, find a project kid that isn't a dick.

Oh btw I think your both the same person, can I claim £5?
In reply to beastofackworth: Does it matter if he is a biginer? (if he is) Everyone starts from somewhere. Maybe you better step outside yourself and look. See what you are doing to other people and understand that you where like him when you started. When you started I bet you had people helping you improve, maybe you should do the same!
In reply to mark_wellin: Hang on, You come on here voicing your opinion using language that is irrelevant. I wonder who the idiot is? Yes I can understand what Angus has said and yes it is wrong, but it does not mean to criticize him or belower him. Look at other peoples posts and maybe you will find out for yourself.

When I mean the meaning of a true climber there should be a sense of companionship and love for the sport. Most people no believe in grades and that to be good you have to do good grades. However it is not about that, it is about helping others and enjoying yourself. People on here are not helping him at all and are saying thing like " are you a beginer in climbing" (sarcastic) and if he was , who cears? Every one was a beginer and you have to start somewhere!

About the years, It does matter. The longer you have been climbing the more frequent you get with foot work and arms did you not know that One word of advice, Coming on here swearing is not approprate there are people who check the forms and can ban you. By you useing language like that can make you look younger than you actually are and by god you sound like a teenager.

Act you age.
 La benya 17 Jan 2011

From the 3rd of that post I understood I stand by my first comment on you. Your an idiot.
If I get banned for writing the word dick, so be it. It's hardly the crime of the century tho.

Believe it or I am acting my age. Why would I say things differently on here to what I would say normally?

I think your getting your arguments confused. You say we are all grade whores and that the true spirit of climbin is alive in you and the op because you don't climb hard, yet he is the one that started the debate about who is the best! How do you define best sport climber if not by grade?
Everyone was a beginner, your right. Not all of us went around shootin our mouths off tho, well I did but that's not the point.
People have pointed out to this young fellow, and now you, that what they said was bollox and the reasons why... He's learning. Also learning not to be an idiot on an open forum, something you may wish to study.

As for your experience, I gaurantee that my 5 years will at the very least match your 97, or whatever.
Cos I like a good ol' fashioned willy waving contest, and as my girlfriend will attest to, I normally win.

Best wishes

Mark
 Owain 17 Jan 2011
I think it would be wise for the UKC editor to delete this thread
andyandy1 17 Jan 2011
The person who said that climbers who argue on this thread are fools, is now, himself, arguing on this thread.

Nice.
 La benya 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Owain:

Why's that? Sharma threatening libel or sommit?
 La benya 17 Jan 2011

Oh just spotted this. Are you a climber with 43 years experience or another loudmouthed kid? Or just a sad man? This makes it more fun

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?t=439232&v=1#x6183437
andyandy1 17 Jan 2011

Climbing for 43 years? and you're only 15!

I don't get it?

Please explain Climbwhenready.
banned profile 74 17 Jan 2011
> (In reply to beastofackworth)understand that you where like him when you started.

im sorry but i find if offensive for you to say i was ever like the op.i was way more respectful and didnt go making wild statement that the worlds best climber lacks technique.its obvious that you and angus are infact one and the same person so jog on

Owain 17 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin:
> (In reply to Owain)
>
> Why's that? Sharma threatening libel or sommit?

I am cringing at seeing a 22 year arguing with a 14 and 15 year old
 La benya 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Owain:

Why? It's fun... Better than beating them up.

Your obviously one of those people that takes things waaaay to seriously and thinks that everything on the internet is serious.
Get life mate, stay out of it if you don't like it, or join in the joke, add something or argue your pants off. That's what forums are for.

As for my age... I'm a very young 22 with the maturity of a hyper 5 year old and the filth mouth of a 90 year old hooker.

Best regards
Mark
Angus Walker 17 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin: Sorry, shouldn't have started this argument!
I should know better. sorry! :/
 La benya 17 Jan 2011

dont be silly mate, its kept loads of us entertained for hours.

without guys like you this forum wouldnt be what it is today!

sharma is good tho
 Michael Hood 17 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin: Angus could become "Son of Franco"
 La benya 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Michael Hood:

Na he has shown no sign of that far up himself.

Could be an appretice tho!
 tom russell 17 Jan 2011
the slab on dreamcatcher is nails. you gotta be pretty good on your feet to do that. just to prove its hard, i've quoted Ethan Pringles blog on his attempts.

"Sean Mcoll had told me — or better yet warned me — that the beginning slab was “really hard” and Sonnie Trotter said in an e-mail that I should brush up on my slab technique before heading up. Both turned out to be proper assessments of the difficulty of the slab and there were a couple moves that left me whimpering. I was able to do all the moves of the upper crux and the beginning rail traverse on my first tries, but that slab, man..."

"the only way to really know if I was trying the right beta was to bust out some new-school tricks. I brought my laptop up to the room where the climb is and set it on the boulder directly in front of the slab so the screen framed the lower part of the climb. Then I proceeded to re-watch the Dose in Dosage Four of Chris doing the first ascent, specifically the portion where he climbs the slab (about 25 times) to make sure I knew exactly where he was putting his hands and feet."

now, try telling me Sean McColl, Sonny Trotter and also Paul Robinson (who mentions it being really hard on his old blog), are all "strong climbers with no technique".
In reply to tom russell: Well there you go Angus, TOLD!

Now please can we end this, I'm fed up of seeing this thread on the recent forums page.

tom russell 17 Jan 2011
i win
Angus Walker 18 Jan 2011
In reply to Duncan Campbell: OK, so your a wanker, I'm sorry I didn't realise that earlier!I know I was wrong but people make mistakes and I learn from them too. You are immature by rubbing it in, even when I accepted and apologised for being wrong!
banned profile 74 18 Jan 2011
> (In reply to Duncan Campbell) OK, so your a wanker, I'm sorry I didn't realise that earlier!

whereas he realised you were a wanker ages ago :o/

In reply to Angus Walker: haha well done sir! I actually didn't mean to sound like a wanker, I ad aknowledged that you realisdyou were wrong it was more of a 'there you go a definitively good description of how technically able Sharma is complete with citations' so nobody else need try and explain or further argue that Sharma is a strong punter.

It honestly wasn't a dig at you and I apoloise for this, my earlier post was just because if you think about it, you cannot climb thehardest routes in the world and have wank technique.

Its brilliant that you accepted you were wrong and changed your opinion, realsing different forms of good technique will, in itself make you better technically and help you to progress in the amazing game that is climbing.

No worries,

Dunc

@beastofackworth that wasn't very nice was it, give the lad a break eh?
In reply to Duncan Campbell:
>
>
> @beastofackworth that wasn't very nice was it, give the lad a break eh?

erm nah i will stick to not being nice,maybe he will be less anoying when he gets a bit older but its doubtful
In reply to beastofackworth: bloody hell I got the sh*tty end of the stick in the character assasinations didn't I? What did you get? :P

Don't be so 'UKC' man, lighten up and I'm pretty sure humility is better at making people less annoying, I reckon. He's young and doesn't know any better, if you are nice and put your points across well rather than be nasty then he will straighten up and fly right...if your horrible to him why should he listen?

Dunc

In reply to Duncan Campbell: does character assasignation bother you?if doesnt bother me so he can call me what he wants,its only the internet.
i dont care if he listens or not,90% of his posts are bollox and not worth reading anyway its just funny to pick fault when people change their mind from one minute to the next.
Angus Walker 18 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: Give it a rest mate, If my posts are so shit why are you still commenting on them>?!?!
 Niall 18 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin:
>
>... Cos I like a good ol' fashioned willy waving contest, and as my girlfriend will attest to, I normally win.
>

So you're saying you have a bigger willy than your girlfriend?

??
 Niall 18 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin:

Fair 'nuff
 Quarryboy 18 Jan 2011

I thought I was regarded as the greatest troll on UKC but obviously not.
 Blue Straggler 18 Jan 2011
In reply to Quarryboy:
>
> I thought I was regarded as the greatest troll

No you were regarded as the "tries the hardest but is still feeble" troll :-P
 Quarryboy 18 Jan 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler:

If I am considered feeble why dose everyone get so pissed with me all the time -maybe that's just the UKC community though.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...