UKC

THE LOWDOWN: Another 9a+ FA by Sharma

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Dani Andrada on the 1st ascent of La Fabela (8c+), Santa Linya., 4 kbChris Sharma has started 2011 in the same fashion he finished 2010: by making a FA of a 9a+.
Chris who is firmly settled since some years in Catalunya, has multiple projects on different crags all over the place. The one that went down the other day, Catxasa was at the modern classic hard core...

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=59828
 Chubbard 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC: Does anyone know what happened to First Round First Minute? Is Chris still trying it? Did Nalle ever get to have a go?
banned profile 74 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Chubbard: Chris is still working frfm but doing other routes too afaik.don't think nalle ever tried it
 La benya 14 Jan 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: i never understood why people thought nalle was ever going to do it.

he was only there a short while, the most he managed that trip was an 8c(+) which was a boulder problem in the sky and he kept failing on all the other routes because , by his own admission he had no stamina/ pe.

sharma is the best redpointer in the world, and if he cant link frfm in 2 years, why did people think nalle would do it on a 2 week holiday from bouldering?
 Chubbard 14 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin: I guess Chris must have thought Nalle had a chance if he asked him not to try it. Then again, perhaps Chris didn't want anyone doing until he had done it and everyone assumed Nalle could do it just because Chris asked him not to. Simples.
Biffo 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

Anyone know if the BigUp rig still follows Chris everywhere he goes? Would be cool to see this and Power Inverter ascents, but maybe Sharma has shaken the cameras for a bit.
 Trouble 14 Jan 2011
Was at the cave, no big team with him, just a camera. Was pretty neat.
banned profile 74 14 Jan 2011
In reply to mark_wellin: i think another reason was just protectiveness.what if nalle had pulled a crucial hold off and rendered it unclimbable?easier to forgive your best buddies(graham/andrada) than someone you hardly know
Sokk 17 Jan 2011
In reply to Björn Pohl - UKC:

The climb is called La Fabela, not Febela.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...