UKC

Alternative to Katana for narrow feet

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Stone_donkey 14 Jan 2011
I'm about to replace my Katana velcros and am looking for something with similar performance but a bit narrower in the toe area. The katanas were great once broken in but to get a good fit with no deadspace across the toe area I had to knuckle my toes alot. Any recommendation from narrow foot/low volume peeps?
cpro 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Stone_donkey:
i went from katana's to 5.10 galileo's found it to be a good move, probably a bit narrower in the toe i dont think the heal cup is as good in the 5.10s though
 Maestro 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Stone_donkey: 510 dragons
 jpm102 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Maestro:

I moved to lady Katanas from the regular Katanas, same shoe but even lower volume. I got them from cham3s.com
 Eagle River 14 Jan 2011

Evolv Pontas lace ups are good for low volume feet as are 5:10 anasazi Whites and the low volume version of the 5:10 anasazi velcros.
OP Stone_donkey 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Eagle River: great, that makes a useful shopping list
 devilman 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Stone_donkey: Give the 5.10 whites and verdes a try. The Pontas are way to wide for my feet.
G
 Mike Stretford 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Stone_donkey: I've found Red Chili Sausalitos very good for narrow feet.
 zhwang 14 Jan 2011

Red Chilli Matadors are ridiculously narrow. I get little toe crushage without even filling the length of the shoe with my spade feet.
 @ndyM@rsh@ll 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Maestro: Worth profile checking before posting...
 Maestro 14 Jan 2011
In reply to @ndyM@rsh@ll: fair comment.

In reply to OP: Don't get dragons.
 eugeneth 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Stone_donkey: La Sportiva do most of their shoes in either a lady's cut or a slim fit. Five Ten have a 'slim fit' Anasazi Velcro in a blue......
mike1979 14 Jan 2011
In reply to Maestro: I have narrow feet and find Katanas have some dead space. The best fitting shoe for my feet is the miura
 cha1n 14 Jan 2011

If you have feet that suit La Sportiva then try the Miura Lace. It's definately narrower than the Katana in the toe box and has a far superior heel. The Miura VS is a hybrid between the Katana and Miura in the toe box but has the Miura Lace heel, it is also slightly stiffer and agressive.

As others have said, 5.10 whites are also very narrow as are the Pontas (but the pontas pushes the big toe in towards the other toes quite severly!).

If you have long toes I don't find that any brand let's your toes bunch up as much as the La Sportiva Range.
i.munro 14 Jan 2011
In reply to jpm102:

> I moved to lady Katanas from the regular Katanas, same shoe but even lower volume.

I switched to the women's katana as well. Definitely a narrower heel but I'm not sure how much narrower the toe area is.

Mr Moac 14 Jan 2011

Try the Katana lace up its a narrower last than the Katana VS and a fantastic but expensive shoe

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...