UKC

Westway

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 SARS 16 Jan 2011
More bouldering problems in the new area and less problems generally where it's all about reach please. There are a lot of "big move big hold" problems and not many other types at the mo...

Thanks.
 escalator 16 Jan 2011
In reply to SARS:

I think you've inserted the wrong address in the "To" bit of this mail, surely it should have been sent to Westway.

Besides, according to your profile you are living in Tokyo.
OP SARS 16 Jan 2011
In reply to escalator:

Back in London right now.

Wouldn't know where to send it. Besides, I was interested to get other UKC Westway users' views. Anyway, it's not just me. Plenty of people bouldering there have said the same thing to me.

Don't misunderstand me. They done a good job in general with the new wall. Just an over abundance of long reach or dyno-esque boulder problems...
 phildavies84 16 Jan 2011
In reply to SARS: I havnt found it to bad and im 5'9"ish. The 1 -20 improvers league has a really interesting set or problems (no 19 in particular).I guess some of the problems do seem to have the Liam hallmark of moves that require mutant strength though.
OP SARS 16 Jan 2011
In reply to phildavies84:

Fair enough. Personally I'm struggling to find many good problems around V5-V6 range. Done most below V5 and done a few V5s but now not much left which doesn't involve a massive reach. Also very few crimp problems on any of the overhanging walls.

Maybe I'm just used to a (very) different style having just come back from Tokyo...?
 phildavies84 17 Jan 2011
In reply to SARS: I spoke to one of the setters a few weeks ago and he said that the new wall would be beginners/intermediate which i guess is v0 - v4/5 so i guess that maybe the back room would be likley to have more at the grades ur interested in. I think its due to be reset in the next few weeks
OP SARS 17 Jan 2011
In reply to phildavies84:

OK I see now....

Thanks for the info.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...