UKC

Quark trig rests are they up to the job

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 CurlyStevo 26 Jan 2011
I'm looking to add an upper trig rest to my old style quarks only for resting the upper hand on (not for trigger finger).

After reading about them on various forums there seems at least some opinion that the new style quark ones are very flimsy looking and possibly not up to the job.

Would I be better with the grivel sliders? They aren't as ergonomic looking and are more of a pain to fit so I hear.

Cheers,
Stevo
 nufkin 26 Jan 2011
In reply to CurlyStevo:

The lower trigger bit (the bit that levers up and down to let it slide) seems pretty flimsy, but since you can't slide the thing up and down on the old quarks anyway, you could just leave it off when bolting the rest on.
The main bit should then be pretty solid - maybe not as much as Grivel's metal trigrest, but more ergonomic and fine for a downward load.

I've not used them in anger yet, mind, and maybe they wouldn't be so good for lots of torquing, but I reckon they'd cope with a bit.
 Gazlynn 26 Jan 2011
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I have added them to my Aztars when making them leashless. I took the trigger bit off as they wouldn't fit on the aztars without shaving a bit off the handle.They have been brilliant for me although I don't climb very hard.
OP CurlyStevo 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Gazlynn:
OK sounds worth getting them then sound much less hassle to fit and look functionally a better shape.
 Dane1 27 Jan 2011
In reply to CurlyStevo:

I've used both. New Petzl part is much easier to use and attach. Easy enough that I won't do another pair of sliders. Just too much work for the add benefits involved over the Petzl part.
OP CurlyStevo 27 Jan 2011
In reply to Dane1:
ta
 Graham 27 Jan 2011
There have been quite a few reports of the trigrest breaking on the new quarks - mostly the flippy thing breaking. But the flippy thing doesn't work when you put the trigrests on the old quarks, so you should be fine.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...