UKC

NEW REVIEW: The Pinnacle

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC Gear 26 Jan 2011
The Pinnacle - DVD Cover, 4 kbThis new video from Hot Aches is an excellent, traditional (in the very best sense of the word) documentary celebrating one of the great achievements of Scottish winter climbing.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/gear/review.php?id=3406
 jacobjlloyd 30 Jan 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: I can echo this in praise- downloaded it and watched three time in two days (too much time on my hands, admittedly, but it took three views to properly take it all in as I was filing axes/crampons/screws while watching). The music was brilliant - I actually went to on Spotify and have been listening to some albums by 'The Old Dance School'. Might have to buy a record! I felt that in a few scenes Andy and Dave were talking up the difficulties a bit - they both can walk up much harder routes, and the conditions were prime, so they can't have struggled as much as claimed to. It was as if they were afraid of 'dumbing down' the FA achievement by making the routes look too easy. Not that I'm complaining - I personally find everything I climb difficult, perhaps they have the same experience : )
'The Pinnacle' is brilliant, but dont expect much more from 'The Architect', which is mostly re-used footage from the feature. 'Don't Die' is not as well filmed, though the commentary helped me work out what was going on. There were not enough angles/closeups to really see the moves, and its difficulty was implied in the commentary more than the footage. It was very entertaining regardless, and certainly worth including as an extra.
 Roberttaylor 03 Feb 2011
In reply to UKC Gear: Well worth watching, an ace film. Really shows off Ben Nevis and the routes well.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...