UKC

Jebel Toubkal

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 mypyrex 26 Jan 2011
Grateful for any practical info. My understanding is that it's not much more than a walk. Apart from the obvious altitude difference how does it compare with the Everest Base Camp Trek? Is it normal practice to use porters?

Thanks.
 Escher 26 Jan 2011
In reply to mypyrex: You can do a circuit (which I've done) or just do the peak in a few days. Which are you thinking of? Either way, yes just a walk, nothing technical. They have donkeys/mules instead of porters if you don't want to carry your own stuff.
Spready 27 Jan 2011
In reply to mypyrex:
When do you want to do it?
We went out in mid Feb 2009 and although we had 2 good days (the walk to hut and then summit day), the rest of our possible mountain days were wiped out by the storm from hell.
If you do want to do it in winter then you do have to consider many more things, including the fact that donkeys will not be able to get up to the hut.
I have all the details of who we used in Imlil, transfers from Marrakech to Imlil, and then the Riad we stayed in for our last night in Marrakech.
If you want them, let me know.
David
 victorclimber 27 Jan 2011
In reply to mypyrex: porters or not porters.depends if you want to climb the mountain fairly or not .we packed in, climbed it in winter and packed out under our own steam...we were happy with that I wouldnt have wanted to use porters ,its not the Himalayas ..
 mr rob 27 Jan 2011
In reply to mypyrex:

There is some pretty good winter climbing to be had up there. I stayed up for about a week and got a few good long routes in.

Recommend the spanish guide book as the best (we had a look at other peoples as out 1910 book was sh*t)
 haydng 29 Jan 2011
In reply to mypyrex: In Oct time this was a very easy walk in a pair of tevas. No donkeys/mules required. All depends how long you want to spend up there.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...