UKC

Metolius 3D Rock Rings - Any Good?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Evilllamas 29 Jan 2011
I need finger strength!
But I am usually skint, and my mother wont let me put a fluorescent piece of plastic on the wall...
As such, the Metolius 3D Rock Rings seem great- they aren't too expensive, and I can put them on my pull up bar.
Does anyone on here have a pair, or have used any- they seem to have 3 pockets and a sloper on top, is there a way to practice crimps on them?
And do they help as much as a traditional hang board? (When I get a bit better I will get one of those though)

Also- if anyones trying to sell a pair- I'm interested!

Thanks
 Kevin Duffy 29 Jan 2011
In reply to Evilllamas: Hi, had a pair until recently and found them pretty useful. I had them for similar reasons to yours and found them to be a good solution.
You might also want to look at one of these http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/wood-grips_training_boards.html as your mother might be more amenable to the less vibrant colour than the ones so many boards come in. Also, a search of threads on here will show you that lots of climbers make their own boards from various bits of wood well fixed in an out of the way spot, so no need to spend much money at all.

Kevin.
OP Evilllamas 30 Jan 2011
The home made hangboard is also an idea- though my house is quite flimsy and there is hardly any where to mount it- also I have next to none woodworking ability!
 EspenK 30 Jan 2011
In reply to Evilllamas: Just to be a bitch; if you've been climbing for under a year, are you sure finger strength is the limiting factor? Even if so, your tendons might not be ready for that kind of strain.

Just my two cents.
paddyG 30 Jan 2011
In reply to Evilllamas:

I have some and found that if u use the 3-2-1 principle which you can find on the beastmakers website they are pretty effective. Aswell as hanging them from a pull up bar, you might want to try attaching a carabiner to the loop and hooking it onto a dumbell, then you can lift off the floor and that way get a more intense rep as the holds are not the smallest, depending on your current strength.
OP Evilllamas 31 Jan 2011
since I'm skint- I'v decided to make a simple home made hang board and hang it off my pull up bar, a thin ledge for crimps. and to big slopers for now...

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...