UKC

NEWS: Interview/Trip Report - Scotland 2011 - Ines Papert

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 11 Feb 2011
Ines Papert more than 'getting the hang' of Scottish winter by onsighting Happy Tyroleans (X,10), 3 kbGerman climber Ines Papert recently had an action packed trip to Scotland, where she and her climbing partner Charly Fritzer put up some hard first ascents and also made some significant repeats.

Here is Ines' report of her trip, plus a mini interview.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=60313

Mr Fuller 11 Feb 2011
In reply to UKC News: Fantastic.

Attention has been drawn to this ridiculous list of ascents within one week, but has this ever been done before? Greg Boswell's ticklist for this season is equally incredible, but has such back-to-back modern climbing ever been done before this year? Is this the new 'Smith and Marshall' week?

I can barely stomach climbing three days in a row, puntering my way up 'easy' routes. What these people are doing is unbelievable.
 Blue Straggler 11 Feb 2011
In reply to UKC News:
It's interesting that she mentions several times the issue of "ethics", almost implying that in light of just this one trip, she's keen to shift the pro-bolting attitude on the continent.
 TobyA 11 Feb 2011
In reply to Blue Straggler:
> almost implying that in light of just this one trip, she's keen to shift the pro-bolting attitude on the continent.

Two trips. They made similar very positive comments about the added dimension trad gear brings after last years trip as well.
 Blue Straggler 12 Feb 2011
In reply to TobyA:

I stand corrected, ta.

"The rock was black and as we have learned to accept the Scottish ethics, we did not climb that day."
This was interesting to me (as someone not well educated in the ins and outs of dry tooling) - it seems to imply that on the Continent, bare rock that you wouldn't touch in Scotland just gets tooled. I'm not making any judgements, just saying that it's interesting.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...