UKC

Men's Health - Peak Performance

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
BenP @ Work 07 May 2003

Anyone else read the latest edition of Men's Health? They've got an article setting a challenge to conquer the Matterhorn, complete with a cracking picture of Leo Houlding.

What are peoples thoughts on this?

I've already had a couple of punters approach me on the gym floor asking me to train them for their "challenge".
Arnaud 07 May 2003
In reply to BenP @ Work:
Was there not a program a wee while ago about some City boy who went to kill himself on Everest after reading it's a really cool think to do in FHM?
If a lot of local guides where not risking their lives trying to rescue those punters, it would make me laugh.

A.-
OP BenP @ Work 07 May 2003
In reply to Arnaud:

Spot on, mate!

The two lads who approached me earlier on are the same as the two in the docco. A bit of money behind them, and "up for a larf".

Rob Naylor 07 May 2003
In reply to Arnaud:

Yep, and a more biased, one-sided programme I've never seen. Tried to blame the oxygen system, with no evidence, tried to blame the guide, despite the fact that the city boy had been totally un-cooperative earlier when asked to descend for a couple of nighte before the summit push, etc.

Daddy was upset because he though 40 grand should have bought his boy a totally safe experience.
 Rob Naylor 07 May 2003
In reply to BenP @ Work:

Tell 'em that a member of our club did the Matterhorn, unguided, last year, aged 70. Might make them decide it's too easy! *Don't* tell them that said 70 year old still enters 100 mile races!
OP BenP @ Work 07 May 2003
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Aye, but was he a climber?

These two are just a couple of guys who don't actually seem to do much, apart from prance around and try to chat up women on the CV kit.
OP localpunter 07 May 2003
In reply to BenP @ Work: They wouldn't be called Andrew and Craig would they? How's Lindsey getting on in her new job?
 jam 07 May 2003
In reply to BenP @ Work:

That magazine is kinda like a male version of Cosmopolitan. It's full of buff, skimpily clad handsome lads and articles on 'how to get abs fast!' type articles
 Rob Naylor 07 May 2003
In reply to BenP @ Work:

He climbs a bit, but the idea is that if they think it was piss-easy for a 70 year old, they might think that it's too easy to bother with, and stop hassling you for training!
BenP 07 May 2003
In reply to Rob Naylor:

Good point. Might try that one
OP l applat 07 May 2003
In reply to jam: I think the cosmo comparison is being kind, when i looked at a copy in the barbers I though Bella might be more relevnat.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...