UKC

Which film was used for cover photo of Troll Wall book?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 alex_th 18 Feb 2011
 John Lavelle 18 Feb 2011
In reply to alex_th: Kodachrome 25 or 64 transparency film would be the most likely guess - if the picture was taken back in the day. It was practically industry standard for publication.
johnamatt 23 Feb 2011
In reply to alex_th: As the guy who took the photograph, I can tell you that the film was Kodachrome 64, using a pentax SV camera. John Amatt
 deepstar 23 Feb 2011
In reply to johnamatt: In my teens I bought "The Book of Modern Mountaineering" which featured your photo,I found it very inspiring and the best in the book I thought.High praise indeed considering its companions,Martin.
 Mick Ward 23 Feb 2011
In reply to deepstar:

Martin, you rich git! I had to get it from the library (Irish peasant). Agree though, it was a great photo.

Mick
 Tall Clare 23 Feb 2011
In reply to deepstar:

Oo, I've just found that on the bookshelf upstairs - forgot I had it.
 deepstar 23 Feb 2011
In reply to Mick Ward: I think I paid for it with my college grant,the textbooks were really boring.
 Tall Clare 23 Feb 2011
In reply to deepstar:

63 shillings, apparently. What's that in real money?
 deepstar 23 Feb 2011
In reply to Tall Clare: Spot on and the jacket photo was by John Ammatt as well.
 sutty 23 Feb 2011
In reply to Tall Clare:

£3.15 in decimal coinage.

A pint of beer was less than 10p then!!
johnamatt 24 Feb 2011
In reply to deepstar: Right place at the right time! I do recall that we'd been bivouaced on that ledge for 2 full days and were lying in water on snow. We were getting hypothermic and had to get the hell out of there. It was a bit of an epic. I'm sure that Tony will cover it in his book. As well as a great climber, he is, after all, a great writer.
OP alex_th 24 Feb 2011
In reply to johnamatt:

Many thanks!

Alex

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...