UKC

Peak Bouldering 14th-17th March anyone mind if I join them?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 becdent 28 Feb 2011
Hi,

Perhaps a premature post but Im heading to the peak to try out the bouldering. Never climbed there so going to traul UKC posts to find out best places to go and buy a guide.

Only bouldered outside a handful of times VO/V1 and could do V2 if Im lucky but keen to get out and progress (indoor V3/V4).

I wandered if anyone was also out and about at the same time if I could join them? I have my own bouldering pad.

Thanks

Becca
 Fluvial 28 Feb 2011
In reply to becdent:
I might be out there then and usually take my son would be happy to show you around the main areas if I can
banned profile 74 28 Feb 2011
In reply to becdent: i would check a bit closer to the time when you kow what the weather will be like.i would definately recomend a tour round the burbage valley,plenty arround the grade you climb and aspire too.
OP becdent 28 Feb 2011
In reply to beastofackworth:
Great thanks for the responses.

Yeah very weather dependent I know just getting excited about my trip ; ). Will bump the post a bit closer to the time again.

In reply to becdent: is that instead of going to font?i will be keeping clear of grit that week as i go to font on the 19th
OP becdent 28 Feb 2011
In reply to beastofackworth: No still plans for font this is in prep for font....thanks for asking. Have a good trip!
In reply to becdent: i will if the massive flapper that i did last thursday heals in time!!
OP becdent 28 Feb 2011
In reply to beastofackworth:

Oh no thats not good I hate that word its too descriptive for my liking. Ive had one of them not pretty either. You have time for it to heal at least.
In reply to becdent: you can see the pic in one of the threads on small crimps.it will heal in time but i lose a couple of weeks training beforehand but as im going for a month-6 weeks im sure i will manage ok
geraint welshy 10 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent: hey i might be up in the peaks next week if your still up for going? iv done a fair bit of indoor climbing and just getting into outdoor to go to font in may/june
email me or drop me a msg
john.g.jones@hotmail.co.uk
geraint welshy jones facebook
 Peakpdr 10 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent: yhm
 jules699 10 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent:

Burbage valley m'dear. I do same indoors - tickle the odd v5 tho. Beware burbage bridge tho - sum cheeky ones there - shafted my ankle on a v4 last year but plenty to work. Enjoy!!
OP becdent 11 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent:
Still going! thanks will be in touch.
 Jeromecooper 11 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent:
Hi, I live in Manchester so its all on my doorstep really. I've never bouldered in the peak but I'd love to come tag along if thats okay?
Basically I've been pushing my grade indoors for the last few months but Its about time i got outdoors.
You can reach me at jeromecooper@hotmail.co.uk or 07891612652
 pebblespanker 11 Mar 2011
In reply to becdent:

Consider Cratcliffe/RHS as a venue loads to do, lovely place and nice flat walk in though as a fell runner I doubt that would worry you as much as me lol!

We're out at the weekend in the Peak (if my buddy gets over his man-flu)Saturday, I'll PM you a phone number and just text and I'll let you know where we are but Gardoms South is on the radar for the afternoon as a mate wants to do Suavito and needs spotters

I also boulder regularly in Scotland (based in Fife with the fiance) so if you fancy a guided tour of Glen Lednock let me know as I am up at Easter for 11 days

Cheers, Howard
 MidnightR 11 Mar 2011
Stanage is good for beginners

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...