UKC

Wintour's South and Far South

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Removed User 13 Mar 2011
There has been some recent tree work along the top of these two bays and the lopped debris has been piled up along the cliff top.

The exit from Central Rib I & II is currently blocked. This is not intentional and I am hoping to arrange for it to be moved within the next week or so. Meanwhile, although it may be possible to scramble over the obstruction it would be better to use the final easy pitch of Central Rib III out to the right instead (which is clear). Please anyway take great care not to dislodge any of the debris onto the rock below.

Further south, the way off from the Zelda area described in the guide is OK, but some people (unadvisably anyway) go straight up. That exit is now seriously blocked and may or may not get cleared. The guidebook way off is strongly recommended.

If any other such obstructions are discovered on or at the top of the cliff, please let me know either on this thread or by email/pm.

I will update this thread if and when there is anything to report.

John Willson
Removed User 26 Mar 2011
In reply to Removed UserJohn Willson: The exit from the Central Rib routes has now been cleared.

Do not go straight up from the finish of Zelda and neighbouring climbs; this exit is still impassable and likely to remain so. Scramble diagonally left to the top of The Beginner's Route as described in all editions of the guide.

John

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...