UKC

NEWS: Bullock, Benson and Robertson = Winter is Not Over!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 UKC News 17 Mar 2011
Benson, Robertson and Bullock atop Godzilla, 4 kbNick Bullock, Pete Benson and Guy Robertson have climbed a new direct line to The Godfather on Beinn Bhan.

Their new route, now named Godzilla, tackles a direct line up the wall and joins the hard test-piece of The Godfather for its last two pitches. They have suggested a grade of IX,8.

Read more at http://www.ukclimbing.com/news/item.php?id=61047

petemacpherson 17 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: Well done Guy, Pete and Nick! Very Very impressive stuff, especially as it was pure onsight on probably the most intimidatingly scary, nails crag in the UK.The future of Scottish winter climbing is very bright indeed.

Cheers,

Pete
 mux 17 Mar 2011
In reply to petemacpherson: I will second that well done as I stow the axes sadly away until next year. The green eyed monster festering below.

Any News on the Family yet Pete?
 petemacpherson 17 Mar 2011
In reply to mux: 2.5 weeks to go Dave. I had lost my psych for winter for all of about one week then Guy told me about Godzilla. Now i'm foaming at the mouth!!

Cheers for now
 mux 17 Mar 2011
In reply to petemacpherson: ah well ...at least you have the alpine starts and sleepless nights to look forward too ... good luck to you both
 Malcolm Bass 19 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: Well done all. A fantastic line linking really good looking features.
 jamesg85 21 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News: great effort, how is IX 8 though, should be IIX
 petestack 21 Mar 2011
In reply to jamesgreenfield:
> (In reply to UKC News) great effort, how is IX 8 though, should be IIX

That a joke or a misunderstanding?

If joke, VIII, not IIX. If not, IX = overall nine and 8 = tech. eight, so two complementary pieces of info.

jamesg85 22 Mar 2011
In reply to petestack: yes sorry, complete misunderstanding, didn't know how winter grading worked.
Coire Bog 22 Mar 2011
In reply to UKC News:

I really enjoyed reading that article and the blog link. Excellent content and great adventure.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...