UKC

Climb Magazine - What a turn arround?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 gcandlin 18 Mar 2011
Hi,

Has anyone else noticed the vast improvement in Climb magazine since Ian P took over?

I had stopped buying it because I found the format tired. Picked it up again the other day and what a turn arround, the quality of the photo's and writting has greatly improved. You can tell it gets it influences more from the likes of Alpinist now.

As with any magazine it will always suffer with bringing news that most readers will probably have heard but the articles compensate for that in my opinion.

What do other people who have read it think?
 Ian Jones 18 Mar 2011
In reply to gcandlin:

Agreed.
Hardly ever buy climbing mags but I was tempted by the last ones I saw.
Looks like it's been dragged into the 21st Century at last.
 nufkin 18 Mar 2011
In reply to gcandlin:

I think it's better too. I liked it before, when it was trying the matte format and being more generous with pictures and all, but it seems to feel more grown-up since the editorial change.
 Stone Idle 18 Mar 2011
In reply to gcandlin: Well I must confess to not wanting to grow up and missing the chatter and general scurrilous gossip that marked some of the earlier mags. I agree that the new Climb seems v. professional - and as a result rather soul-less
 royal 18 Mar 2011
I really like it, enough to go out and buy a subscription after the first new format issue I much prefer the more global view as well. I hardly ever bother buying other mags these days. Current issue of climber is good though and it seems to have upped it's game in reply.
 jonnobyrne 20 Mar 2011
In reply to gcandlin: I had a subscription for a couple of years but ended up stopping it about eighteen months ago. Mainly as it was pretty dull after a while Is it really any better now?
OP gcandlin 20 Mar 2011
In reply to jonnobyrne: Pick up a copy and have a look, much better to my mind

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...