UKC

Rock Climbing: Essential Skills & Techniques by Libby Peter

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 moot 19 Mar 2011
Rock Climbing: Essential Skills & Techniques by Libby Peter what do you guys think of this book?
I'm pretty new to climbing and just thought this could help me.
 gingerwolf 19 Mar 2011
In reply to moot: excellent book if you're just starting out
 sjminfife 19 Mar 2011
In reply to moot: I borowed it from the library;it will be invaluable to you.
sjm
 mrmac 19 Mar 2011
In reply to moot: Very easy to understand, fantastic diagrams and well laid out. Definately worth getting!
 Rob Exile Ward 20 Mar 2011
In reply to mrmac: ...I'll endorse all of the above. But she could do with smiling more - climbing IS supposed to be fun, after all!
garethrockclimbing 22 Mar 2011
In reply to moot: It's an excellent book mate. When I did my single pitch award training, it was referred to by several people on the course as 'the bible'. I did a full review of it here: http://rockclimbinguk.co.uk/climbing-book-review-rock-climbing-essential-sk...
Removed User 22 Mar 2011
In reply to moot:

She is one of the best UK climbers out there and one of a select few IFMGA qualified guides from British shores. From that, I'd guess her book will be pretty good although I've never read it.

I did share a transfer bus with her once from Genva to Cham which is a reasonable claim to fame.
Removed User 22 Mar 2011
In reply to Removed User:

Geneva!!!!!'kin typing.
 David Hooper 22 Mar 2011
In reply to moot:

I run SPA courses.

Before Libbys book came out - I used to lug along a library box with a selection of different instructional books for folk to browse through - now I just recommend Libby - for a first book it is excellent and if you want to progress, then there are more advanced books to follow with.

But yes- buy Libby.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...