UKC

Does anyone know the condition of Craig Y Gesail, Tremadog?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 dionhughes 24 Mar 2011
Hello,

I'll be going on a recce to Craig Y Gesail, Tremadog, possibly Monday afternoon. Just want a "heads-up" upon the condition of the foliage growth on the routes there, and whether or not the paths to the base of the crags are overgrown.

Haven't been there myself for close on 10 years.

I understand that the buttresses have been neglected in recent years which is a shame.

Oh, if my memory serves me right, is it still ok to park the car on that small lane near the farm house?

Any info will be welcome.
 Ander 24 Mar 2011
 jim jones 24 Mar 2011
OP dionhughes 25 Mar 2011
In reply to dionhughes: Thanks for the replies, im glad that Craig Y Gesail is not overly overgrown. I might even bring a pair of sacoteurs with me and an abseil rope to clean up a few routes. We'll see what the weather is like on Monday.

Dion.
 JMarkW 25 Mar 2011
In reply to dionhughes:

I did a a few routes there a couple of weeks ago. Abbed into a couple of the VS's which were both fine and good climbing.

Javelin middle pitch a bit over grown, that big vdiff buttress was great.

Parked just inside the field like the guidebook suggests. Some great early season tradding in a beautiful location.

Enjoy!

cheers
mark
OP dionhughes 30 Mar 2011
In reply to Mark Westerman: Yeah just had a recce on Monday afternoon. The rock is mostly immaculate. With a just a little gardening most of the routes would be clean as a whistle.

Some rough areas in the gullies but the descent on the left is clean and clear.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...