UKC

Llanberis pass car vandalism

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 Tomprusk 26 Mar 2011
Just a word of warning to anyone wanting to park their cars overnight in the pass in any of the lay-bys between the cromlech boulders and the grochan. I had my cars wind mirror bashed off, front hub cap kicked in and yogurt thrown over the windscreen. This is apparently the second week in a row this has happened, the first one being two cars had a similar thing done too while it was just mine on friday night.
 Ewan Russell 26 Mar 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:
anyone know any more about this??? Sounds a bit odd?
OP Tomprusk 26 Mar 2011
In reply to The third: I was confused enough, i was bivying under one of the cromlech boulders and heard it happen but didn't see it and walked down to find the mess. They pulled up and left within about a minute.
 Jon Jones 27 Mar 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:

What a bunch of knobends!

My Dad one parked up near Aber falls (the carpark at the top end of the road). When he got back his car and 3 others had all had their front and back windows smashed with boulders.
 Liam Brown 14 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:
I was there two weekends ago (2nd/3rd) and it happened again. Clearly a regular thing, I think.
 LakesWinter 14 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Another reason to not visit north wales
 jshields 14 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Nice to see the locals doing their bit to encourage tourism!
Jon
 JBlackout 14 Apr 2011
In reply to jshields: I swear I hear banjos sometimes in the less pleasant part of Llanberis (i.e. Anywhere that isn't a climbing shop of Petes Eats)
 dan ely 14 Apr 2011
In reply to JBlackout:
ive never heard of this and i live here.
Did these cars/vans have english stickers on?
 jshields 14 Apr 2011
In reply to JBlackout: That made me laugh, not good when I am work! It is such a shame,the area is depressed enough without these idiots putting people off.
 steve taylor 14 Apr 2011

In reply to dan ely:
> (In reply to JBlackout)
> ive never heard of this and i live here.
> Did these cars/vans have english stickers on?

So what if they did?
 monkeyboyraw 14 Apr 2011
In reply to dan ely:
I was wondering just that myself.
What sort of time did it happen out of interest? Post pub may be?
andyathome 14 Apr 2011
In reply to dan ely:
It's happened down the Gwynant as well; to locals who park their cars next to the road.
 thedatastream 15 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:

Maybe it's a dogging spot and you nicked their usual place?

On a related note, are you sure it was yoghurt? 0_o
 wynaptomos 15 Apr 2011
In reply to thedatastream: Why do some people immediately suggest that it is some kind of anti-English thing and North Wales is somehow a blackspot for it?
I don't have any statistics on this but I'd be very surprised if North Wales is any worse than any other area for car-related crimes(quite probably better than a lot of areas). There are mindless idiots who will cause this kind of damage everywhere you go unfortunately.
 tmawer 15 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:
Had my van attacked, and side kicked in, whilst sleeping in it at North Stack car park last summer, quite frightening when sleep befuddled!
myth 15 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos:
> (In reply to thedatastream) Why do some people immediately suggest that it is some kind of anti-English thing and North Wales is somehow a blackspot for it?

Might have something to do with the various vandalised road signs dotted around N.Wales with things like "f@#k off english" etc...
 Chris Harris 15 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: 17 posts and nobody has blamed Scousers?
 Joss 15 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos:
> (In reply to thedatastream) Why do some people immediately suggest that it is some kind of anti-English thing and North Wales is somehow a blackspot for it?
> I don't have any statistics on this but I'd be very surprised if North Wales is any worse than any other area for car-related crimes(quite probably better than a lot of areas). There are mindless idiots who will cause this kind of damage everywhere you go unfortunately.

Exactly, the chav scum that vandalised the car would have done it to anyone's car, I cant see them checking the tax disc first to see if the car was local!
 Mark Reeves Global Crag Moderator 15 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Might I suggest you contact the police on either:

0845 607 1002 or 101

Insist on getting an incident number, unless it gets reported they will do nothing about it, although the chances are they'll do nothing about it anyway!
 sheeny 15 Apr 2011
In reply to chris harris blame scousers what a suprise, but it wasn't us as we would have had the wheels as well.
 David T Harris 18 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: I saw this happen fairly recently, during the middle of the day! On the other hand though the car being vandalised had been parked underneath the Edge Problem and the The ramp for the last 5 hours, so it's hard to have any sympathy...
 Banned User 77 18 Apr 2011
In reply to David T Harris:
> (In reply to Tomprusk) I saw this happen fairly recently, during the middle of the day! On the other hand though the car being vandalised had been parked underneath the Edge Problem and the The ramp for the last 5 hours, so it's hard to have any sympathy...

Selfish, you'd think some random tourist or hill walker would now about the edge problem....
 Wesley Orvis 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:

Oh well never mind come to the Lakes instead, we are English and proud and also need the the tourism, if this kind of thing was happening around here and putting tourists off coming to the area, i can assure you it would be stopped pretty quick if not by the police then by the locals themselves.
In reply to Wesley Orvis:
> if this kind of thing was happening around here and putting tourists off coming to the area, i can assure you it would be stopped pretty quick

It has and it wasn't. As I recall, parking for Castle rock involved a broken window lottery for a fair amount of time and thefts from campsites has been an issue in the Lakes for many years.

T.
 blurty 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:

It's happened to me twice; once opposite the Pen y Gwyrd, and once in the car park below the Moelwyns.

Mauruading scousers (who, let's face it are honorary taffs) or indignant locals - I'm not sure.

Soap 21 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty: Haha, brilliant, I just had an image of a gang of Harry Enfield styled Scousers running over the hills like the clan MacLeod in Highlander
 Wesley Orvis 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Pursued by a bear:
> (In reply to Wesley Orvis)
> [...]
>
> It has and it wasn't. As I recall, parking for Castle rock involved a broken window lottery for a fair amount of time and thefts from campsites has been an issue in the Lakes for many years.
>
> T.

Oh yes i forgot about him, yes a local famer around there thinks he owns the whole national park and has a real problem with tourists, i have bumped into him on a few occasions with his verbal abuse and threats of damage to parked cars and told him what i think of him and i think he was falry shocked not to get met with the usual touristy apologies, this must have been quite a long time ago now as i think this guy only kicks off nowadays if people stray from the paths and over his land. But thefts from campsites, it's the first i have heard, i am sure this happens everywhere but i have certainly never heard of this as a continous problem, which campsites have had this problem?
 Goggie 21 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos:
> I don't have any statistics on this but I'd be very surprised if North Wales is any worse than any other area for car-related crimes(quite probably better than a lot of areas). There are mindless idiots who will cause this kind of damage everywhere you go unfortunately.

Having had several vehicles vandalised, even when parked on my driveway in North Wales, I agree that it's most likely to be mindless idiots, usually teenagers.
Some people seem to think it's ok to kick the mirrors off, dent the wings and scratch the paintwork knowing that even if they are caught and reported to the Police, they won't have to pay for the damage. I had £400 worth of damage done to my car by two lads last year last year. The Police gave them warning!!
In reply to Wesley Orvis: As I recall, the theft from cars parked near Castle Rock did come to an end when the guilty parties were apprehended; they weren't the local farmer. There was also a spate of thefts from (and of) rucksacks left at the foot of crags a few years back too. I've heard of thefts from the campsites at Castlerigg and the NT site in Langdale, and I'm sure they aren't the only ones.

There's a lot to like about the Lake District but it, like everywhere else, is best viewed through things that aren't rose-tinted.

T.
 Wesley Orvis 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Pursued by a bear:

Yes probably other campers from the cities who are staying at the camp sites with you, i cannot see local chavs from the larger towns in Cumbria driving into the Lakes to rob campsites or to damage cars. The Lake Ditrict has one the lowest crime rates in the whole country.
 Simon Caldwell 21 Apr 2011

If my car is vandalised or my tent stolen, I really couldn't care less where the culprits live!
 Wesley Orvis 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Toreador:

fair point
 sheeny 21 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty: calm down calm,down car robbers we might be, but i aint welsh or a honary woolyback
In reply to Wesley Orvis: I think you're being wildly optimistic blaming this wholly on visitors. Just because you can't see people driving in from other towns specifically to see what they can pinch and sell on doesn't mean it doesn't happen. And who's to say that they aren't from the area anyway? Not everyone in the Lake District has a heart of gold.

T.
 sutty 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Goggie:

Sue the parents, a lot of people have legal expenses on their household policies, use them.
 Dave MH 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Not been to North Wales for a few years, booked a trip to North Wales end of May, haven't always found the locals the friendliest of folk once they hear an english accent, but happy to take your cash in the shops though.
 blurty 21 Apr 2011
In reply to Dave MH:
> (In reply to Tomprusk) Not been to North Wales for a few years, booked a trip to North Wales end of May, haven't always found the locals the friendliest of folk once they hear an english accent, but happy to take your cash in the shops though.

I think we've all had 'the Slaughtered Lamb' experience, where the boozer goes quiet as you walk in, then they switch to Welsh once they know you're foreign.

I used to have a mate who was from Bleanau, I've actually seen this happen when we stayed there with his Mum and Dad.

I like the Welsh, they don't take any sh!t, the English could learn a lot from that.
 JJ Spooner 21 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty: Ive always found the welsh to be quite friendly, especially the local teenagers ! , many of the pubs in llanberis always seem to have a good atmosphere to me , maybe its the tourists attitudes ?
 dollydog 21 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty:eh,what shit is that then
 blurty 21 Apr 2011
In reply to dollydog:
> (In reply to blurty)eh,what shit is that then

Well, the sort of sh!t where Tony Blair thinks it's a great idea to make up a load of crap about WMD to justify following George W on some latter day crusade. The sort of sh!t where the English flagelate themselves with Euro loony b*llocks regulations, as if they're gospel and the rest of Europe laugh at us.

I think the Principality stands up for itself better than we do.

The English are indolent.

The Welsh have an admirable self-belief and toughness.
andyathome 21 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty:
I thought that Wales invaded Iraq about the same time that England did?

And was part of the EU?

Bit off topic now - eh?
 blurty 21 Apr 2011
In reply to andyathome:

Ahem, you could be right.
 centurion05 21 Apr 2011

And to be fair, the climbing in the cake district doesn't come even close to the standard in Wales!
 sheep 22 Apr 2011
In reply to - centurion05

I walked in the cake district yesterday

Round here we call it 'Greggs'
 wynaptomos 22 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty:
> (In reply to Dave MH)
> [...]
>
> I think we've all had 'the Slaughtered Lamb' experience, where the boozer goes quiet as you walk in, then they switch to Welsh once they know you're foreign.
>

Yawn - this old myth again. Have you ever stopped to think how you knew they were speaking English before you walked in? Over 40 years living in Gwynedd, I've never seen this happen.
 obi-wan nick b 22 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos: I've seen it happen in Tremadoc. We didn't realise as we thought they had been speaking it before we entered that bar but then the barman told them off for doing it.
 eccyamigo 22 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos: with you on this one,im english but my family are from anglesey-they speak welsh as a first language and switch to english for me...kinda think i need to be less ignorant and learn welsh??
 Wesley Orvis 22 Apr 2011
In reply to centurion05:
>
> And to be fair, the climbing in the cake district doesn't come even close to the standard in Wales!

I agree, but not into the cake district crack though!!!!
 Wesley Orvis 22 Apr 2011
In reply to sheep:
> In reply to - centurion05
>
> I walked in the cake district yesterday
>
> Round here we call it 'Greggs'

Where is round here then?
 DJonsight 22 Apr 2011
In reply to thedatastream:
> (In reply to Tomprusk)
>
> Maybe it's a dogging spot and you nicked their usual place?
>
> On a related note, are you sure it was yoghurt? 0_o

One word: Seagulling.
 sargy 22 Apr 2011
In reply to wynaptomos:

Ummmm- in my case because they were speaking English to one another until they heard my accent? I'm not one for generalisations and stereotypes, but I really have found LLanberris to quite an intimidating place at times, such as the time a few of us on ML training walked into the Llanberris Heights to the tune of locals making pig noises at us. My mate from South Wales was absolutely mortified and embarrassed.
 ginsters 22 Apr 2011
you do get his every now and then i grew up in bangor,now live in llanberis after a few years in twyford berks where it happend there,but they just went quiet and muttered in english...nowt as strange as folk...

as far as the pass goes theres d*ck head everywere,i wouldent leave my car at night anywhere remote if i wasent in it.why not leave it in the village?
 Wesley Orvis 22 Apr 2011
In reply to centurion05:
>
> And to be fair, the climbing in the cake district doesn't come even close to the standard in Wales!

I feel the need to defend the Lake District further, i think there is just as much rock for climbing in the Lakes but it just spread out a bit more, i always feel that although Snowdonia is very good for climbing/scrambling it's quite small an area compared to the Lakes, correct me if i am wrong.
 Wesley Orvis 22 Apr 2011
In reply to ginster
>
> as far as the pass goes theres d*ck head everywere,i wouldent leave my car at night anywhere remote if i wasent in it.why not leave it in the village?

I have never had my car broken into anywhere in The Lakes and it has been left in all sorts of remote locations, half of the time when they do catch criminals operating in large scale crime in the area, it is criminals from Liverpool and Manchester, i live in Kendal and leave my car door open all night and my bike outside unlocked and never have any problems.

There again I have never suffered any sort of racism, criminal damage or theft while visiting Snowdonia either, and have always found the people of Bathesda and Llanberis (the towns i usually visit) very kind and polite aswell, and i have a very strong northern accent.

Maybe i have just been lucky!!!
 LakesWinter 22 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Unrelated I know but the valley cragging in Wales is better than the Lakes (Dinas Mot, Cromlech, Grochan, Milestone etc etc) but the mountain cragging is much better and more varied in the Lakes. Name me a welsh mountain crag apart from Cloggy (not been but heard it's good) that is better than Scafell, Dow, Pillar, Esk Buttress, Gimmer or Pavey. That's because there aren't any!
 Wesley Orvis 22 Apr 2011
In reply to MattG:
> (In reply to Tomprusk) Unrelated I know but the valley cragging in Wales is better than the Lakes (Dinas Mot, Cromlech, Grochan, Milestone etc etc) but the mountain cragging is much better and more varied in the Lakes. Name me a welsh mountain crag apart from Cloggy (not been but heard it's good) that is better than Scafell, Dow, Pillar, Esk Buttress, Gimmer or Pavey. That's because there aren't any!

Thank you very much someone who knows there stuff!!!!
 LakesWinter 22 Apr 2011
In reply to Wesley Orvis: Yeah, the Lakes is the place to go for sure, plus the beer is better than Wales.
andyathome 23 Apr 2011
In reply to MattG:
> (In reply to Tomprusk) Unrelated I know but the valley cragging in Wales is better than the Lakes (Dinas Mot, Cromlech, Grochan, Milestone etc etc) but the mountain cragging is much better and more varied in the Lakes. Name me a welsh mountain crag apart from Cloggy (not been but heard it's good) that is better than Scafell, Dow, Pillar, Esk Buttress, Gimmer or Pavey. That's because there aren't any!

Tryfan, Cyrn Las, Craig yr Ysfa, Craig yr Ogof, Llech Du, Glyder Fach, Lliwedd. Different; not 'better'.

And coupling the Cromlech to something like Shepherds as 'valley cragging' is just plain wrong!
 3leggeddog 23 Apr 2011
In reply to andyathome:

You win, you are correct, Wales is much better than the lakes in all aspects of climbing, beer and culture. I hope the masses of ukc are reading this and all go to Wales.
 Mike Peacock 23 Apr 2011
> (In reply to centurion05)
> [...]
>
> i always feel that although Snowdonia is very good for climbing/scrambling it's quite small an area compared to the Lakes, correct me if i am wrong.

It depends. Eryri itself is quite a small area, but Snowdonia as a national park extends for a hell of a long way. It includes ranges like the Tarrens, Dovey Hills, Arenigs etc. Most people just stay within the main northern ranges.

Flatus Vetus 23 Apr 2011
As someone who is half Welsh, half Scouser I find some of the inferences in this thread quite offensive. Anyway I've seen a growing number of darkies in the area, it was probably them.
andyathome 23 Apr 2011
In reply to 3leggeddog:
> (In reply to andyathome)
>
> You win, you are correct, Wales is much better than the lakes in all aspects of climbing, beer and culture. I hope the masses of ukc are reading this and all go to Wales.

oooh soooo competetive (they do say that that is a sign of insecurity).... I thought the subtle verbal cue 'Different; not 'better'.' might have indicated that I wasn't on a one-upmanship trail just trying to suggest that there were actually more mountain crags in Wales than Cloggy to someone who hasn't even been to Cloggy.

And on this easter bank holiday the 'masses' are undoubtedly clogging up the Cake District - I'm really glad they all go there!

Wesley Orvis 23 Apr 2011
In reply to andyathome:
> (In reply to 3leggeddog)
> [...]
>
>
> And on this easter bank holiday the 'masses' are undoubtedly clogging up the Cake District - I'm really glad they all go there!

Went to Langdale today one of the busiest parts and found a decent multi pitch crag to ourselves, only v diffs, but that is what i was looking for, i am sure if i was looking for some thing more difficult could have easy found other crags the same, quite a few climbers on Gimmer, Raven Crag and Bowfell Buttress but 95% of the traffic was fell walkers.

Bulls Crack 23 Apr 2011
In reply to blurty:
> (In reply to Dave MH)
> [...]
>

>
> I like the Welsh, they don't take any sh!t, the English could learn a lot from that.

That's no excuse for rudeness and racism - when it occurs, and has happened several times to me in N Wales without the least provocation - couple of times in Scotland too - and Yorkshire!
Removed User 23 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Wasn't there a few incidents like this earlier in winter with climbers cars being attacked on the approaches to the Black Ladders?
 Wesley Orvis 23 Apr 2011
In reply to Bulls Crack:
> (In reply to blurty)
> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> That's no excuse for rudeness and racism - when it occurs, and has happened several times to me in N Wales without the least provocation - couple of times in Scotland too - and Yorkshire!

Yorkshire???
Anonymous 24 Apr 2011
In reply to jshields:
> (In reply to Tomprusk) Nice to see the locals doing their bit to encourage tourism!
> Jon. What a stupid comment .... So you know who is responsible and you know they are locals do you? Obviously not so keep you inaccurate assumptions to yourself. The locals I know support tourism as it is an important resource for N Wales

ginsters 24 Apr 2011
also how do you know it was locals? do criminals not holiday?
 Niall 25 Apr 2011
In reply to ginsters:
> do criminals not holiday?

Occasionally, at her Majesty's pleasure. She's generous like that.
 jas wood 25 Apr 2011
In reply to Tomprusk: Do people honestly get upset by being sniggered at etc ?
Have to say going into pubs etc in wales is just like any other place and not unfriendly at all, mind you i,m not bothered by this type of stuff anyhows.
As for damaging cars etc i don't think i'd notice if they put a few more dings in my knackered van !
 skittles 02 May 2011
In reply to Tomprusk:

Had my car broken into at the large car park at the Llyn Ogwen Lake on Saturday Night/Sunday morning (30/4/11), after 10:30pm before 11am in the morning and had a few items stolen, including: a red north face duffel, berghaus arete 45, 2 person Eurohike tent, msr pocket rocket and whisperlite stoves, 4 guide books (welsh slate, gogarth, Cwm Silyn, carneddau), 3 bd c3s, set of dmm peanuts, 1 BD 0.3 camalot, a petzl right hand ascender and other various items and gear. If anyone spots any of these things dumped somewhere or being sold at a market could you please let me know.

There were also a couple other cars in the car park at the time we headed into Glyder Fach on the Saturday night, if you were one of these people, could you please message me what time you left and if you noticed anything out of the ordinary, as any information could help pinpoint when it occurred and who knows maybe catch whoever did it.

Thankyou
ashaw 02 May 2011
In reply to sheeny: ha ha I always have this with my students as I live on the wirral but work over in knowsley
The term woolyback actually refers to guys in liverpool working on the docks, they had a woolen cover over their shoulders when they were lifting stuff, now most young scousers think it means anywhere their may be more than an acre of grassland lol
allan
 alan_davies 02 May 2011
The idea that "the welsh" treat "the english" badly is fairly comedic to me. (The generalisation of the year award goes to....)
As a born Scot who moved to England at young age i was subject to merciless piss taking, most memorably by a group of english adults (i was 8 or 9 at the time) who had me in tears. I have also had several kickings in england in my younger days for being Scottish. Having lost most of my accent i moved back to Scotland 10 years ago and again had a hard time on several occasions as i was taken for a Sassenach! There are narrow minded dickheads wherever you go unfortunately, but i reckon there's more of them in the UK than most places (this thread is helping that theory along nicely). One of the things i like about most climbers is that we travel about, have an exploratory nature, open minds and don;t normally talk such utter bollocks as a lot of the above such as "this happened to me once so i'm sure the entire population of a country is like that"...
Anyway, i'm off for a pint (wouldn;t want to let my Scottish stereotype down would i....)
 Jim Hamilton 03 May 2011
In reply to skittles:

Did the police happen to say whether there was a particular problem with theft from cars/vandalism in Snowdonia at the moment ?
 Pekkie 03 May 2011
In reply to alan_davies:
>
"wouldn;t want to let my Scottish stereotype down would i"

'It is always possible to tell the difference between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine.' PJ. Wodehouse.

Justin T 03 May 2011
In reply to sargy:

> ... such as the time a few of us on ML training walked into the Llanberris Heights ...

You're not alone:

http://tinyurl.com/6kguq3l
 net 03 May 2011

No, no vandalism to cars in Kendal at all recently: http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/8899171.Vandals_slash_100_cars_...

And that's not counting the number of people I know who've had their car/van wing mirrors kicked off in the town!
 Fiskavaig 03 May 2011
In reply to skittles: Hi mate, i was the the last to leave the carpark on Sunday,(except for you) your girl borrowed my mates phone. My cynical mind tells me, that there is a very good chance, that the scum who did your car, are the same scum who have been causing the trouble in the Pass. What is needed to put a stop to them, is a sting car planted, and 3 or 4 blokes behind the wall, when the scum strikes, kick seven sorts of shit out of them. They would not come back, the fear of a second trap would see to that. Alternatly, the police could put a sting car with cameras, but that would be very unlikely to happen.
 skittles 03 May 2011
In reply to Jim Hamilton:

They said in the Ogwen valley they've never really had any problems, and this was the first break in they've seen in a long time, but didn't anything say about anywhere else.
 Fiskavaig 03 May 2011
In reply to Fiskavaig: Well thats my rant out of the way! But seriously, i come from the times when you did not get crime in rural places, cars, tents, could be left with gear in and would be there when you returned. The police need to take this seriously, and stamp this out now, before it gets out of hand! I know times have changed, and there is no going back, but if this scum is not stopped now, they will see this has a nice little weekly earner!
 skittles 03 May 2011
In reply to Fiskavaig:

Possibly the same people, but they only broke the one window, and that was to gain access to the car, which suggests they where just common thieves and not just angry at climbers/walkers parking overnight; also my bouldering mats and my rope where left in the car undamaged, thankfully.
 sheeny 03 May 2011
In reply to ashaw:
> (In reply to sheeny) ha ha I always have this with my students as I live on the wirral but work over in knowsley
> The term woolyback actually refers to guys in liverpool working on the docks, they had a woolen cover over their shoulders when they were lifting stuff, now most young scousers think it means anywhere their may be more than an acre of grassland lol
> allan

i was born on t wirral hence the woolyback title but i never knew it was to do with dockers i thought it referred to our wooly girlfriends
thanks for that must go cars to rob people to take the piss out of
 gd303uk 03 May 2011
In reply to sheeny: i am not convinced by Ashaw's Etymological understanding for the word "wollyback". I understand it could be a derogatory term given to out of town workers who crossed a picket, at the docks. it does involve removing, something from ships though. it is another story , maybe it was used like scab was used in the 80's. sorry to be off OP topic.
 sutty 03 May 2011
In reply to gd303uk:

Woolybacks are from Widnes and towns close. NOT Runcorn;
http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread.php?448037-How-bad-must-it-be-being-a-W...

Ah, something to keep people happy for a while, like blaster bates on speed
http://cynicaljourney.co.uk/?cat=6
ashaw 04 May 2011
In reply to gd303uk: is that like all scousers call people from wigan & widnes pie eaters with such fabulous chants as who ate all the pies etc suggesting they are all bloaters!! It is actually because during the general strike people from their broke the picket lines and went back to work the first in the country. The newspapers of the day then had headlines wiganers eat humble pie and so the legend begins !!
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090929045614AA8rd1h
cheers allan
 gd303uk 04 May 2011
In reply to ashaw: you sir, could be a pie eating wool
ashaw 04 May 2011
In reply to gd303uk: ha ha could be i love pies though my students call me a tunnel rat!
ashaw 04 May 2011
In reply to sutty: sutty sometimes i dont always agree with you, however mate that cynical night out is dead funny and so true I remember half them places

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...