UKC

Evolve Pontas lace - worn out crazily fast!

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
 AlexD 28 Mar 2011
My Evolve climbing shoes have worn through on the toes in just a couple of months and not in the usual place - more on the top of the toe rather than the tip. I've only been wearing them once or twice a week at Portland or Swanage. Usually shoes last me up to a year. Is this normal for this brand? I'd send them back but i'd have to post them all the way to the US!
 stewart100 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: I had exactly the same problem!
In reply to AlexD: send them to beyond hope - the UK ditributor?
 Scott K 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: Beyond Hope have a great customer service. Worth talking to them first.
mike1979 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: mine are lasting really well (especially compared to my la sportiva shoes!)
 Reach>Talent 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD:
The rubber is pretty soft and the rand doesn't seem that thick so I suspect they'd wear faster than a lot of shoes. My evolvs are already looking fairly well abused after about a month of indoor bouldering, it took best part of 6 months for my previous shoes (Anasazis) to get that bad.
In reply to AlexD:
I'm on my second pair and they seem to last quite well to me, I got more than one season out of the first pair, climbing on average twice a week on rough sharp pemboke limestone.
OP AlexD 28 Mar 2011
Cheers will give Beyond Hope a shout
 Billg 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: I had the same problem. i took them back to Cotswold, who blamed my footwork - cheeky B******s. I eventually got them to talk to Evolve who agreed it was a manufacturing fault and gave me a new pair.

i have however quickly worn through the toe of a previous pair which is a trait in none of the other boots I have worn over the past 25 years
 migs493 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: if you are unsuccessfull getting replacement shoes you could try Shoe Goo - just google it. I've been using it to prolong the life of my shoes (evolve) for ages. After a couple of sessions you just pack out the holes and smooth over.
Starkey92 28 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: That happened to my mates evolves! from what ive seen of others, there not that long lasting!
 Puppythedog 29 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: Mine went through the toe much quicker than my previous shoes. I've no doubt my footwork could be better but in the three different shoes I have evolv are the only pair to do it.
 jkarran 29 Mar 2011
In reply to Starkey92:

> That happened to my mates evolves! from what ive seen of others, there not that long lasting!

They're soft shoes, bear that in mind and in my experience at least they last as well as other comparable shoes.

jk
 biscuit 29 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD:

Mine have lasted really well. Longer than normal now i come to think of it. they are old though. i bought them in a sale ages ago and they stayed in the cupboard until my other shoes packed in. I don't know if it's a fault that has come in recently. I was going to go for another pair but may do some research now.
OP AlexD 29 Mar 2011
I emaileds Beyond Hope and got a nice message back saying to send them over and they would replace them for me. Hopefully the new ones are better!
 jas wood 29 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: To be honest mine have lasted quite well and still going strong and to be honest i think they are top notch shoes.
OP AlexD 31 Mar 2011
In reply to jas wood:

cool well hopefully it was just a manufacturing fault and the new ones will be fine.
 terryturbojr 31 Mar 2011
In reply to mike1979:
> (In reply to AlexD) mine are lasting really well (especially compared to my la sportiva shoes!)

Definitely. Just had my Sportiva resoled with Evolv rubber as that Sportiva goes through so quickly.
 Lemony 31 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: On my last couple of pairs of pontas velcros the shoes have lost their shape long before the rubber wore through. basically the last seemed to disintegrate inside the shoe and they ended up so floppy that they were useless anywhere other than Caley slabs.
 Harry Holmes 31 Mar 2011
In reply to AlexD: my bandits seem to be just splitting at the seams. theres still a fair amount of edge on them
 Ian Milward 01 Apr 2011
In reply to AlexD:

I'm with the guys who haven't had a problem with Evolv build quality (Pontas lace).

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
Loading Notifications...