/ Donegal - bouldering options near portnoo?

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.
James Richardson on 31 Mar 2011
I'm off to Donegal with the family in a couple of weeks and, without a partner, will throw in bouldering stuff.

The UKC CragMap seems a bit short on recognised crags near Portnoo... does this mean there's no rock there (?unlikely?) or just that its not documented?

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

James
Dave Flanagan - on 31 Mar 2011
In reply to James Richardson:
James there is a small amount of bouldering Dawros Head (see www.theshortspan.com/features/johnwatson2.htm). There is a lot of granite bouldering to the north near Bunbeg. Carrickfinn, Crolly, Cruit, Burtonport are all worth a look, all the details are in my bouldering guide, see www.theshortspan.com.
Andy Say - on 31 Mar 2011
Cruit 'Island' has some nice, easy routes above a very family friendly beach as I recall - plenty of exploratory bouldering to go at in the same area.
Inishowen - on 31 Mar 2011
In reply to James Richardson: Hi, there's plenty of bouldering around the Rosses/Cruit Penninsular. There's also some nice stuff near Carrickfin. This should all be available in the new Bouldering Ireland Guide (by Dave Flanagan). Additionally, if you let the CCC secretary know when your over and where he can e-mail the members and maybe get you organised with some local climbers. Peter Cooper
pt811 - on 01 Apr 2011
In reply to James Richardson: There is so much rock around Donegal that you should have no problem finding somewhere to climb.You could spend a lifetime doing new routes and boulder problems. Check out Colmcille Climbers website, they have over 2000 routes all over the county in their on-line guidebook.
James Richardson on 04 Apr 2011

Thanks everyone.

This topic has been archived, and won't accept reply postings.